"Eyes on the road shithead"

I was gonna say last chapter but forgot lol so btw if you wanna know: Rex looks like Mark Wahlberg. Yes, another absolute babe.

Edit: sorry if you were taken back to this chapter from a more recent one; I just needed to edit it, and I changed the title. This is chapter three so don't get confused.

I woke up, remembering that today I had to go over to Leo's today. I was praying last night, that I'd wake up with a headache or throw up so I wouldn't have to go. Sadly, my prayers weren't heard.

I was just going to get the work done, no matter how distracting or arrogant he could be. Like my brother always says, "a grade that is good, means a life out the hood."

I don't know why.

He became obsessed with the hood and gangs a couple of years ago, again, I don't really know why. He watched too many movies about it I think.

Although, Boyz n' The Hood is life. rip Ricky.

«

School was going ok, but then I had gym class. And I was not in the mood for Mr Evans and his shorts that hugged his butt. Gross, I know.

I managed to make it through the lesson, we were doing tennis today which was ok because it was something I could actually do. I didn't see Adrianna though, she's normally in gym class with me. And I don't think I saw her this morning either. Maybe she's sick? But when she was, she'd usually call me in the morning to let me know.

I made my way out of the changing rooms as fast as possible, I wanted to have some time at home as well, before I had to go to Leo's; relaxation is very important, especially if you're going to have an annoying person with you for a couple of hours.

I was walking through the hall when someone shoved past me, causing my history and English books to go flying.
"What the hell, seriously?" I cursed, turning around to see who it was and whether they had actually stopped to apologise or not. My face softened when I saw who it was, Trevor. Aka the schools golden boy, aka my crush since middle school, but wasn't he every girl's?

"Hey, sorry about that," he apologised, charismatically smiling, flashing his pearly whites.
"Don't worry it's fine," I softly replied. He picked up my books and handed them back for me, I smile a little in return. I guess I'm pretty awkward around guys; I didn't really know what to do.

"I'm Trevor by the way," he introduced himself. Well no shit, who doesn't know that.
"I'm Nina."
"I've seen you around before," he grinned.
"Yeah, I think we're in a class together," I furrowed my brows, trying to act like I wasn't 100% sure, when I 100% was.
"Yeah, I think so," he replied, "anyway, I gotta go I now, but maybe we could hang out some time." He then handed me a small piece of paper and walks away.

I looked at the piece of paper, it had his number on it. I smiled to myself, I didn't even expect this moment to happen.

"Was that Trevor I saw you talking to back there?" I heard a familiar voice ask. I turned around to see Leo, strutting up to me as I walked.
"Mhm," I simply replied.
"Seriously? Trevor?" He asked again.
"Yes, so what?"
He laughed a little, "the guy looks like Elton from Clueless."

"Hang on," I said, stopping, "you've watched clueless?"
"What? Wait. Ok, yeah I have but it's a good movie."
"I know that, I'm just a little surprised you've watched it."
"Look, this is not the point," he defended, jogging a little to keep up with my pace, "the guys a green bean."

I laughed, "is someone jealous?"
"No. I get plenty of girls, more than enough."

I rolled my eyes, "of course you do."
"What was that?"
"Hm? Nothing."

He let it wash over, luckily and continued to speak,
"Hey, can we just do this project now? Because I wanna get Italian food later. You can come too."

"Hm, Italian food. That means pizza, yeah I'll come." I replied.
"Cool, lets go then." He said, jogging over to a a blue mustang. Wow, his car made mine look like a piece of shit.
"Yo Leo!" A voice yelled from across the parking lot. Leo and I both turned around to see Rex standing by his car.
"Ay, is this your girl?"

"Nah," Leo yelled back, "history project!"
"Oh, well she's hot though!"
I raised a brow in slight disbelief.
"Hey Rex, try and not hit on every girl in the human race, ok," Leo chuckled.
"Hey, I'll see you tomorrow!" Rex finally yelled, ignoring Leo's comment before getting into his car.

Leo and I then proceeded to get into his car. When I got in the passenger seat I admired the slick black interior.
"Is this a Boss 302?" I asked.
"Yeah, 1970," Leo replied, admiring the car himself before putting the key in the ignition.

I decided that I should probably call my mom to let her know I was going to be out for most of the afternoon.

I took my cellphone out of my bag and pulled up the aerial. I rang the home number but no one picked up so I left a voicemail, "Hey mom I'm gonna be home late tonight as I'm working on a school project at someone's house."

Then I remembered something, "shit my car," I muttered.
"What?" Leo asked.
"I don't know what I'm going to do about my car, it's in the parking lot," I explained.
"You'll just have to get it in the morning."
"Ugh but the walk is so far."

Leo didn't say anything for a while so I sat back in my seat before he continued, "by the way, moaning is unattractive."
I slowly turned my head to face his, he sat there smirking at me.
"Eyes on the road, shithead," I said to him, facing forward again, causing him to chuckle a little.

We sat in silence for a little while. Wow, we really needed some music right now.
"Got any tapes?" I asked him.
"Yeah but you can't go through them," He sternly replied.
"What, are there like...other types of tapes in there?" I asked, smirking.
"What? No!" He briefly looks over me as I burst into laughter, "I'm not weird like that."

"Hmmm, sure," I replied. Then I spotted a black case, just beside my foot, probably tapes. So I quickly swiped it, because I was pretty sure it'd have tapes in it.

Leo didn't even notice, I'm pretty sure so I was good. I flicked through the different tapes, looking at the labels on each one.

AC/DC

1985

Michael Jackson

Ah, Stevie Wonder. I put the tape in and Leo looked over.
"Seriously?" He rolled his eyes and attempted to remove the tape.
"Hey!" I snapped, slapping his hand away.
"What the hell?" He yelled.
"Don't be such a party pooper."

He laughed, "ok then, sorry I forgot you were ten, who even uses that phrase anymore?"

"Hey shut the fuck up, ok?"

He laughed again but I ignored him and just listened to Higher Ground as it played through the stereo.

Instagram - 90sheartbreak_

Woah I uploaded a chapter finally. Basically I'm rlly busy cos I got my insta to run, i now write for affinity and of course homework. Life is tough lol.