"Someday you won't be able to hold back"

Unsurprisingly, I did catch Leo's cold. I woke up Tuesday morning with a pounding headache and a sore throat but I decided to push through and go to school.

I woke up this morning feeling even worse. My nose was blocked, my throat was even more sore and I had painful cramps because of my period; everything bad seemed to enjoy happening at once.

My mom came into my room, smiling a little, "I'm sorry sweetie, I would stay home with you but we're having problems with one of the clients at work so I need to go in," she apologized.

"That's fine," I smiled softly.

"Get some rest, stay in bed for a little while longer, you can watch tv later if you want," she said before giving me a kiss on the forehead.
"Come on Cyrus, I'll drive you to school!" She yelled to my brother who was finishing off brushing his teeth in his bathroom before he dashed off down the stairs.

I must've fallen asleep for a couple of hours as the next time I looked at my alarm clock on my side table it said 10. I got up reluctantly, grabbing the box of tissues next to me and padded downstairs. I went to the kitchen and made myself a coffee before laying down on the couch in the living room.

The VHS for Uncle Buck was already in the TV so I decided to watch that, snuggling up under the throw blanket, feeling like crap. I hated having colds, they were just so tedious, I mean you got a day off school but was it even worth it?

About a half hour into the film I heard someone knock at the door, I huffed and slowly got up from the couch, padding through to the hallway.

I opened the door to see Leo wearing a slightly baggy denim jacket, a cigarette in his mouth. His mouth crawled into a small smirk when he saw me.

"Leo? Aren't you supposed to be at school?" I asked, slightly surprised to see him.

"Eh, I went but you weren't there and Rex got food poisoning from a dodgy burrito he ate," he chuckled, taking a drag from his cigarette.

"Leo, I'm sick," I said apathetically, as he shrugged in reply.

"You can't catch the same cold twice. Besides, I'd rather be here with you than a bunch of people I hate." He crushed his cigarette with his foot, leaving it on the porch before walking in.

"Ok, whatever but I look like shit."

"Sweetheart, listen here, you never look like shit," he said, as he kicked off his shoes. I smiled softly before shutting the front door and walking into the living room, Leo following shortly behind.

"I'm watching Uncle Buck by the way," I informed him before sitting down on the couch.

"I love that movie," he replied, hopping over the back of the sofa to sit down next to me. We didn't speak much, in all honesty I was really tired and found it hard to stay awake but I knew if I fell asleep now I'd not sleep tonight.

"Leo?"

"Hm?"

"What would you do if my mom was here?" I asked.

He shrugged a little, "I dunno, I guess I didn't really think that through, but luckily she wasn't." I rolled my eyes playfully.

I found my eyes constantly settling on Leo, I found myself getting more and more attracted to him everyday, I got a weird feeling in my stomach every time I was around him. Ugh, it was just a stupid high school crush.

"You know, you're supposed to be watching the movie not me," Leo smirked.

"I looked at you once," I lied, defensively, he raised his brows his smile growing bigger.