"You didn't have to do that for me."

My mom had gone away on business, despite the fact it was my birthday on Friday. She had no problem cancelling one when my her friend was hosting a charity event, but for my birthday, no.

Now come Thursday, Leo hasn't said a word to me. I didn't know if he was avoiding me or what, but I wouldn't exactly know why. I couldn't deny being a little upset but I suppose we weren't really that close.

Walking to school and back everyday had been annoying, mom had lied, the walk took almost half an hour, it was annoying that my friends all lived in the opposite direction to me.

I had searched for my keys in my moms office and bedroom but was unsuccessful. Cyrus said that'd he'd walk with me tomorrow as it's my birthday, but no way would he ever walk with me any other day.

Today, I had Spanish and Danielle moved to sit next to me, and I had also sat next to Mlak in Bio the day before. I had gotten slightly closer to them after speaking to them on Saturday. At least I wasn't just left with Nate and Reagan as friends.

After lunch I got my books from my locker for fifth and sixth period, whilst Reagan waited beside me. I had also seen Leo standing in the hall with Rex, making brief eye contact with me. As I shut the door to my locker Trevor walked up to me. I rolled my eyes, a feeling of anger building up inside of me.

"I'll meet you in class," Reagan smiled, before answering a call on her cell.

"What do you want?" I asked him, as neutrally as possible. I looked up at him for a brief moment, noticing a large bruise on the side of his face from where Leo had punched him.

"I was just wondering if maybe you wanted to finish what we started eh?" He whispered, I felt sick to my stomach.
"We didn't start anythi-"
"Maybe you should just piss off, Trevor," Leo spat, now standing behind me. Trevor smirked. I noticed people turning away from their lockers and conversation to look at what was happening.
"I'm not scared of you, DiCaprio," he replied, a smug grin on his face.

"Really? Well maybe you should be," Leo said before launching a punch into the side of Trevor's face, the same place he had last punched him, the people in the hall gasped. Trevor cowered down, clutching to the side of his face whilst Leo shook his wrist to try and rid the pain.

"Oh my gosh, Leo!" I exclaimed.
"You don't know how hard it is to not do that every time he opens his mouth," he simply replied.

"Mr DiCaprio."

We all looked up to see who had spoken, our eyes welcomed with the sight of the principal, now stood outside his office.

"All three of you, in my office, now," he said, sternly.
Shit. Shit. Shit. What had I gotten myself into?

Trevor and I sat awkwardly in the secretaries office, waiting for Leo to be done in the principals office. I had my body tilted slightly away from his and refused to look at the sicko. He completely deserved the punch, especially to have the nerve to come up to me and say something so vile and antagonistic the way he did.

Leo came out of the principles office with his hands in his pocket, shooting daggers in Trevor's direction. He then turned to me, "come on, we can leave."

I stood up from my chair, before leaving shortly behind Leo.
"What did he say? You didn't tell him the real reason why you punched Trevor?" I asked.
"Nope, not my place to say. I just made up some bullshit excuse about how Trevor tried to hit you. If the guy is wise, he'll go along with what I said, it's not like it's as bad as what he actually did. Or, tried to do."