"Hm, she's a pretty girl, DiCaprio"

Wow I'm back after writing this chapter over the time of a month bcos I've had writer's block idek.

We walked down five flights of stairs, my legs were killing me, I guess taking the stairs was good exercise and was better than taking the elevator but still it was tiresome.
Leo then led me towards his Mustang, parked next to the curb, the steel blue paintwork, reflecting the early morning sunlight. Leo unlocked the car as I proceeded towards the passenger side, pulling open the door.

Taking a look at the place around us, I didn't exactly recognise it as a place I'd seen in Santa Clarita.
"Leo, where are we?" I asked, looking over at him as he jump-started the car.

"Uh- Beverly Hills. Sorry, I would've taken you back to your own place but I didn't know how to get there on from the party," he apologised.

"Woah your apartment is in Beverly Hills?" I asked rhetorically, completely ignoring his unnecessary apology, and he nodded in reply, damn this boy was filthy rich.
"Again, rich asshole father," he said.

He then put the top down for the car, convertibles always reminded me of when I visited my dad in Massachusetts. I loved it where he lived, by the lake in Essex County. I asked him if I could live out there with him but he said I'd be leaving my whole life behind, but I didn't really care, in recent years my friends had became pretty shit people, other than Reagan and Nate, and my mom was always working, it's not like I'd be leaving much behind.

I then realised, as I broke from my chain of thought, that Stevie Wonder was playing as we drove.
"I thought you didn't like music, huh?" I grinned at him.

"Well, I just remembered that you liked Stevie Wonder and the tape was still in so I thought, why not put it on," he explained, briefly looking over at me as he drove.

"Aww, for me? How sweet," I cooed, teasingly.

He fake smiled, "yeah, to try and keep you quiet, but I guess it didn't work," he then ejected the tape.

"There he is," I replied apathetically, rolling my eyes, looking over at the sidewalk as we sped down the road.

"Ah, and is this he you speak of the same guy who gives you kisses like that one earlier?"

"Well yes, but that he won't be able to give me kisses like that for a long while," I smirked, facing directly forward, as I felt his eyes change focus from the road to me, but I refused to look back at him, it was fun being petty.

Leo then parked next to the curb, outside a breakfast cafe, as soon as he turned off the engine, I opened the door and stepped out of the car. It was a pretty windy day, but I appreciated a good breeze every now and then; I get pretty bored of the heat half the time, sometimes I wish California had actual seasons rather than being a literal boiler room the whole year.

Leo led me into the cafe, and a middle-aged woman came over and greeted us, she smiled softly at Leo then me.
"Not Rex today?" She asked him, looking over at me, I guess Leo must be a regular here.

"Nope, someone else today," he replied, turning to me.

"Hm, she's a pretty girl, DiCaprio," The woman said, neither of us replying, an awkward silence building up between us as the woman's eyes went from Leo to me, waiting for some sort of reply. Maybe she didn't get that me and Leo weren't a thing.

"Anyways, I'll get you guys to your table," she continued, breaking the silence, after having enough of mine and Leo's silence.

We followed behind her to a booth towards the back of the restaurant, she then handed us two large menus and I thanked her.
"I'll be back in a minute to take your order," she smiled.