"What are you trying to say?"

Thanks for 15k! Finally a new chapter for you all!

The final week of school was a bore and I couldn't wait to be off for Christmas. This year I got mainly clothes, which I wasn't complaining about and my dad also bought me a collection of tapes of Stephen King movies.

New year was approaching and I had a party to go to at Jenna Hulls house and practically half our school was going. My parents had allowed me to go, as long as I got home by 12.30. Most parties would normally finish by 11 or 11.30 but of course the party still needed to be going when the clock strikes midnight.

"Who's driving you home?" My dad asked.

"Leo," I replied, he said he'd only have one or two beers so it was safe for him to drive but I wasn't going to tell my parents I'd be drinking.

On New Year's Eve, I stayed home for most the day but in the late afternoon I started getting ready for the party. I put on a black satin mini dress which was strapless. I tied my hair back in a low ponytail and put my make up on.

I looked in the mirror, "good enough," I assured myself before getting up and sitting on my bed, deciding to just put the news on until Leo arrived.

I couldn't believe that 1995 was almost over, in the last few months I've experienced more than I did in the first ten years of my life. It also reminded me even more of the fact that I only had 5 months left of high school and I'd be done forever.

I sometimes hated how big America was because it increased your chances of being further away from your friends, you could be on the west coast whilst they're 6 hours away on the east coast.

I brushed the thoughts away; tonight I was going to enjoy myself with my friends. I heard the doorbell ring and I knew it was Leo so I quickly dashed down the stairs before my mom or dad answered the door.

I opened the door to Leo standing there with his hands tucked into his pockets. He was wearing an oversized leather jacket and a plain white tee, his hair slightly gelled - I couldn't deny he looked good.

"Hey," I said with a smile, before turning around and grabbing my white canvas shoes and slipping them on. My dad then entered from the living room.

"So this must be Leo," he said, looking between Leo and I.

"Pleasure to meet you sir," Leo said, extending his hand out.

"Call me Harris," my dad said, shaking Leo's hand firmly, before continuing, "well, you kids have fun."

"I'll see you later dad," I said, hugging him, before walking out the door.

"And remember," he began, I spun around on my heels to face him again, "back by 12.30."

I rolled my eyes, "yes, don't worry."

"So how longs your dad here for?" Leo asked when we got in the car.

"Well he's been here for three weeks now, but he's leaving in a few days," I told him and he nodded slightly.

"You look great by the way," Leo said, turning to me and smirking, causing me to smile. We pulled up to Jenna Hulls house, the guy who was hosting the party, of course it was huge and of course it's already been trashed. We walked past someone passed out on the lawn.

"Jeez, it's only 9, this guy must be a lightweight," Leo laughed, looking down at the guy passed out. When we walked in, music was blaring, people were everywhere and solo cups were scattered across the floor.

Leo snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me close to his body, "stay near me, ok?" He said, leaning in to my ear. I guess he was paranoid that I'd get into trouble like I did last time, and I didn't blame him; I guess I was a little anxious too.

"Ok," I nodded, looking up at him, he smiled a little and tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ear. He then leaned down and began to kiss me but we were soon interrupted by Rex.

"Hey! You guys just got here and you're already making out? Save it for the countdown," he exclaimed, causing Leo and I to quickly pull away.

"Good to see you too Rex," Leo said, looking down at his feet, "try and lay off the alcohol a little tonight."

"Don't worry," Rex said, "I've had one beer, besides, Dani's keeping a close eye on me," he gestured over to Dani who looked over at us and smiled.

Leo and I stayed close to each other for most of the night, I spotted Trevor a few times and every time we saw him Leo would pull me close to him, telling me to not let go of my drink. I didn't drink much though, just a couple cans of beer, certainly not enough to get me drunk, not even buzzed. I didn't care too much about getting drunk, new year or not.

Leo's POV

"I'm gonna go talk to Donny quickly," I informed Nina, leaning in close to her ear so she could hear me over to music. She nodded and turned to Dani and Mlak as they continued conversing.

I went up to Donny who smiled when he saw me, "I gotta say, this ain't bad for a high school party," he said, taking a sip of beer from his solo cup.

"Yeah, I guess," I said, slouching against the wall behind me.

"So I see you came here with that Nina chick," he said, gesturing over to her and I simply nodded in reply, "are you two together?" He asked with a grin on his face, nudging me slightly.

"Nah," I said, shaking my head.

"Do you want to be...you know...official?" He asked me.

I shrugged, "I don't really know."

Donny let out a large sigh, "you better not string her along, DiCaprio. How long has something being going on between you two now...almost two months? Dude, she probably wants something serious."

"What are you trying to say?" I asked him, furrowing my brows a little.

"If you don't want anything more to happen, you can't just keep playing around with her, you'll end up breaking her heart," he explained.

I clenched my jaw, Donny was right. I didn't know what to do, I didn't know what I wanted. I didn't deserve Nina, she deserves someone who's going to give her what she wants.

I looked over at her, laughing and having a good time along with Dani and Mlak. I felt a pain in my chest. Fuck. Why do I have to be so scared of commitment?

"Wow it's almost midnight," Donny said, causing my eyes to tear away from Nina, turning to face him.

"Huh?" I looked down at my watch, just as people started to chant the countdown to midnight. I quickly waltzed up to Nina, pushing past any people in my way.

"3! 2! 1!" Everyone chanted just as I tugged on Nina's arm, spinning her around and kissing her in one quick movement. I kissed her passionately like it was the last time I ever would, heck, maybe it would be.

"Happy New Year," she smiled when we pulled away.

oof. I'm sorry for taking so long to update, I've had writers block plus a lot of work to do for school as well as balancing my free time. Thank you all for being patient.