"Maybe that's...part of the reason."

I JUST WANNA SAY THANK U FOR 10K I LOVE YOU!!!

I opened the front door to Nate standing there.
"Thanks for coming over," I said, pulling him into a hug, which he accepted.

"Look," I continued, walking into the living room and sitting down on the couch, "I invited you over because I need to apologise."

He furrowed his brows slightly, "Nina, you don't need to apologise to me."

"No, I do. I shouldn't have snapped at you, you did nothing wrong. I feel bad that I haven't apologised already, I've just barely seen you," I explained.

"It's fine, honestly," he said.

"There's just a lot I need to tell you..." I said.

I explained to him everything that had happened the night of the party: how Trevor had drugged me, tried to take advantage of me, how Leo saved me. He stared at me with wide eyes.

"Jesus Christ, Nina," he said, running his hand through his hair, "who else knows about this?"

"Leo, of course. But other than that, just you," I replied.

"Wow. I guess Leo isn't a bad guy. And Trevor....shit, I never expected him to be anything like that," he said, I shook my head.

"So," he continued, "you and Leo. What are you guys?"

I shrugged, "I don't know really."

"Do you like him?" He asked and I nodded, "you haven't...done anything yet, have you?"

I laughed and rolled my eyes playfully, "no, we have not. Anyways Nate, you can't really talk, you're not a virgin."

"I know, I know. But I know how you are, it's not like you to just sleep with people."

"Exactly. And that's why we haven't."

I felt good after speaking to Nate, and it also felt good to tell someone about what had happened that night.

The next day at school, I sat in history waiting for Leo to show up. Thankfully he did, but a few minutes late, which didn't surprise me. We weren't able to speak for the course of the whole lesson, Ms Flint was definitely on a mean streak, she gave a boy called Harrison a detention for asking someone for a pencil.

"Ok class," she said at the end of the lesson, "I want you to do another project in pairs. This time you're going to be creating a project on either the union army or the confederate army. I want to give you as much freedom as possible with this project so I'm not going to give you too much guidance."

Leo leaned into my ear, "what'd you say we do this project tonight? My place?"

I turned to face him, "Sure." He smirked and got up from his seat, picking up his books and beginning to leave the classroom, but he paused, "oh, and bring a swimsuit."

I furrowed my brows slightly, I never really thought about it but I guess Leo must have a pool, I mean his house is huge.

I went home after school, eating dinner earlier than usual, I also asked my mom if I could go to Leo's for the project, which she said yes to. So I grabbed a swimsuit, shoved it in my bag and drove to Leo's house, when I was ready.

"Hey," he said, when he opened the front door.

"I'm getting major deja-vu from the first time we did a project," I said as we sat down at his desk.

He chuckled lightly, "do you remember we used to hate each other?"

"Who said I don't still hate you now?" I asked, a small smirk forming on my face.

"Sweetheart, if you hated me still you wouldn't be kissing me so much now, would you?"

"Touché."

We cracked down and got to work, managing to finish the project in just over an hour. I took a moment to admire the poster we had just produced, it was probably better than the first project we did together.

"So, how about we go swimming now?" Leo asked, smirking.

"Leo, it's practically nighttime and it's winter," I argued.

"So what? It's California and it's still, what? 65 degrees out? Come on," he said.

"Fine," I gave in, leaning down to my bag and grabbing my swimsuit, making my way over to his bathroom to get changed.

I came back into the room, Leo was changed too and he caught sight of me, he just stared, scanning my body up and down.

"Stop, you'll make me self conscious," I said, walking up to him and folding my arms.

"Well don't be. 'Cos I'm only staring since you look so damn..." he paused, scanning my body once again, "hot."

I rolled my eyes, slapping his chest playfully, "stop."

I followed him downstairs and out back, I had never seen his backyard and, boy was it huge. Most of it was taken up by the pool, which was fitted with lights and a hot tub next to it. There was a large patio that you walked out on, with steps down to the lawn and pool.

"So why'd you wanna go swimming?" I asked as we got in, shivering slightly at the slight chill in the water.

He shrugged, "dunno, just felt like it I guess; haven't been in here for ages."

"And you wanted to see me in a swimsuit?" I smirked, raising a brow.

"Maybe that's...part of the reason," he said, swimming over to me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and he proceeded to place his hands on my butt. I looked at him in the eyes, just in that moment taking the time to appreciate his beautiful ocean eyes, I noticed his eyes tear from my gaze and down to my lips.

Before I knew it, his lips came crashing against mine, knocking the breath out of me. I wrapped my legs around his torso, running my hands through his hair. I moaned slightly as he trailed kisses down my neck before reattaching his lips with mine.

He then pulled away, "Nina, I-" he said breathlessly.

"What?" I asked, placing a hand lightly on his chest.

He shook his head, "i-it doesn't matter," he then began to kiss me again, pulling my body in close to his.

"What the heck are you doin' DiCaprio?" We heard a voice call out, Leo and I pulled away and looked up to see Trevor leaning on the windowsill of his bedroom.

"What does it look like?" Leo answered smirking slightly. Trevor switched his gaze to me, looking at me in a way that made me feel uncomfortable, lust filling his eyes. Leo looked at me and then back to Trevor.
"And if you don't mind, I think we'd like to continue," he said.

He didn't wait for Trevor to go, he just leaned in and began to kiss me again. I couldn't help but think about what Leo was going to say to me earlier, thought it probably wasn't important, it was still going to bug me.

After a while we went back inside, I dried off and changed back into my clothes. I tied my hair back to make it less obvious that it was wet, it wasn't that going in the pool was bad, but I knew my mom would question how much work we had gotten done, even if we had completed quite a bit.

"I should probably get going now," I said, he turned around to face me and placed his hands on my shoulders.

"Ok, I'll see you at school," he said with a small smile, before planting a small kiss on my forehead.

Why can I never end chapters well OOF.