"Look, I'm an asshole, ok?"

THANKS FOR 5K Y'ALL

Leo's POV

I had a free period today so I decided to go sit in the gym with Donny as I had nothing better to do.
Ernie, Donny and I sat on the bleachers whilst the class practised basketball. My eyes were fixated on Nina the whole time, she looked pretty damn cute in her kit, it's been almost a week now and Nina and I still weren't on speaking terms. I guess I really did fuck up my chances with her.

"Well ain't she cute," Donny said over my shoulder, "you like her?" He teased.

"Shut up," I muttered.

"You don't?" He asked, in the same teasing manner as before.

"No," I lied.

"Ah, well in that case," he leaned closer to my ear, speaking in a relaxed tone, "maybe I'll ask her out on a date. Just imagine: her, me, together. Things could get a little heated. Just think of all the things you could do to her-"

I turned around and grabbed him by the jacket, "Hey shut the fuck up!" I spat.
He laughed, "Hey dude, chill out! I was just proving a point."

"A point?"

"That you like her," he gestured over to Nina. I let go of his jacket and turned around to see quite a few people staring at us, including Nina and Rex.

I scratched my nose awkwardly, sitting back down on the bleachers, choosing to pay no mind to all the people looking at me. Maybe I overreacted, but Donny could be such a son of a bitch sometimes.

Nina's POV

When our class was dismissed, I tried looking for Leo but he'd already gone, I really wanted to ask him what the heck happened earlier.

I went home from school feeling more tired than ever, today had been so boring that I was surprised I didn't fall asleep in calc, sixth period.

I decided to lay in bed and watch a movie after dinner, it was Friday after all so I didn't need to worry about school in the morning. I found myself falling asleep midway through Ferris Bueller's day off, it wasn't even that late, I'd estimate around ten, but I was exhausted.

I was woken up by the ringing of my phone, I rubbed my eyes to see that my mom had obviously come in and turned the tv off. I quickly picked up the phone in order for it to not wake up the rest of the house.

"Hello?" I murmured into the phone.

"Hey Nina," I recognised Leo's voice straight away.

"Leo? How'd you get my number?"

"Doesn't matter. Anyways, there's lots I need to tell you, are you able to come over?" He asked, his voice slightly husky.

"Now?"

"Yeah."

"Leo, my mom will hear me starting up my car, it's pretty damn loud, besides I can't even remember where you live."

"I'll pick you up, I'll be there in 10 minutes, be ready," That was all he said before hanging up the phone, not giving me the option of saying no.

I slowly got out of bed, putting on a sweater over my bralette before brushing my hair and washing my face quickly. I waited for Leo, hearing the engine of his mustang as he came up the street.

I quietly tiptoed down the stairs, slipped on a pair of sneakers and left through the door, making as little noise as possible. I didn't know what Leo was planning on telling me, but if it can't wait till morning then it's obviously big.