"Yeah, but what's the fun in that?"

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 7K I LOVE YOU!

Friday

As per usual I was stood by my locker when we were dismissed for morning break. Dani walked up to me, a slight bounce in her step.

"Hey Nina!" She greeted cheerily.
"What's up," I replied with a smile, unable to reflect the same energy she had as I was pretty tired, but what's new.

"Anyway, Jo and Amelie just moved house so they're having a little welcoming gathering, just with the usual people, do you wanna come along?" She asked.

"Yeah, that sounds fun. I'll have to check with my mom but I'm sure it'll be fine," I said.

Then I felt someone place both hands on my shoulder, bringing their face close to my left ear.
"Great I'll pick you up at eight," they said, huskily. I tilted my head slightly to see it was Leo. He smirked slightly before walking off down the hall.

Dani rolled her eye playfully, "he's so obsessed with you."

"Yeah, Yeah," I replied sarcastically.

"Anyways, that's fine, you can come back to mine afterwards, I probably won't drink too much."

"Ok, sounds good to me."

"So I guess I'll see you tonight!" She exclaimed before beginning to walk down the hall.

"Enjoy the rest of your day in hell!" I yelled after her.

She laughed, "will do."

I got home from school and went into the kitchen where my mom was, reading her book and drinking her coffee.
"Hi honey, how was school?" She asked me cheerily.

"Boring as per usual," I replied apathetically, I dropped my bag on the floor before asking her, "hey mom can I go to a gathering tonight? It's just with a few people I know, and I'll stay at my friend Dani's house after."

She put her book down and took off her reading glasses, "will there be alcohol?"

"Just beer, I promise I won't drink much," that wasn't a lie, I didn't really like getting drunk, I hated throwing up and having no control over what I was saying or doing.

She sighed, "ok, are you driving?"

"Leo's taking me," I informed her, a smile forming on her face.

"Ah, so I'll get to meet this boy?" She asked rhetorically.

"Please don't embarrass me."

She let out a laugh, "you find me embarrassing?"

"Eh, you can be."

"Alright, I won't be," she smiled, before returning to her book.

I ran upstairs to my room, I had a lot of time to kill so I decided to read my book for a bit. At half six I started scavenging through my closet for something nice to wear.

I settled on a pink plaid skirt with a spaghetti strap white top. I then sat at my desk and did my makeup, not too much of course. I had to pack a bag for Dani's house, so I quickly did that before dinner was ready.

It wasn't long before my mom called my brother and I down to dinner, "you look pretty, honey," she complimented me as I came into the dining room, I smiled a little.

I sat down at the table and ate the stir fry. All these carbs are gonna make me bloated, yuck I sound like Harper.

My mom came in with a jug of water, she tutted as she saw Cyrus still transfixed in his video game in the living room.
"Come on Cy! Your food will get cold," she yelled over to him, placing the jug down on the table.