"What a great milestone for you."

OMG THANK YALL SO MUCH FOR 9K I CANT BELIEVE I GOT 2K IN 6 DAYS I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH ASDFGJKL.

I woke up with Leo's arm wrapped around me, my head resting on his chest. Last night I was pretty sure I'd fallen asleep during the movie as I couldn't remember watching the ending, but it didn't matter, I'd watched it many times before.
"Good morning," Leo said huskily.

"Morning," I replied, yawning a little before looking up to face him, his eyes were half open, his head resting on the pillow. He ruffled his hair a little, a small gesture that managed to make him seem even more attractive to me. I hadn't realised that I had been staring, but luckily he was too tired to notice.

I sat up right, rubbing my eyes a little.
"Hey, it's not that late, you wanna get some breakfast?" Leo asked, I looked over at the time to see it was 8.30.

"Sure," I replied, "let me just go get changed." I got up out off the bed, walking over to my bag, pulling my clothes out and walking over to the bathroom.

"Ah, you're not getting changed in here?" He asked, a smirk plastered on his face.

"In your dreams DiCaprio," I said and he laughed a little, shutting the bathroom door behind me. I changed into a black denim skirt and a tight navy sweater. I re-entered the room as Leo was putting on a t-shirt.

"Well don't you look cute," he smirked, walking up to me, pulling my waste into his body.

"How about we call this a date?" He asked.

"A date?" I raised a brow, "What a great milestone for you," I fiddled around with the collar of his t-shirt.

He chuckled lowly, "I guess it is. Come on, let's go." He picked up a denim jacket, chucking it over his plain white tee. He placed his hand on the small of my back as we left his apartment.

We decided to go back to Santa Clarita for breakfast; there was a diner along the highway on the outskirts of town that was a pretty cool setting. After ordering coffee we both scanned through the menu, I was torn between having pancakes or french toast.

"Hey I just need to go to the bathroom quickly," Leo said, I nodded in reply as he got up from the other side of the booth. Shortly a waitress came by, struggling to balance the trays she was carrying.

Unsurprisingly, she dropped one of the trays, luckily not one with much on it, but a few glasses still smashed to the ground. She quietly cussed under her breath, crouching down to sort out the mess.

I got up from my seat and crouched down next to her, "let me help you," I said, she looked up at me and smiled. I picked up any bits of glass that were large enough and put them on the tray.

"Let me go get a broom," she said, picking up her trays and rushing off. Before I got up, someone wearing a pair of white patent heels stood in front of me. I looked up to see Harper stood there, putting on a fake smile.

"Hey Nina, I see you came here with Leo," she said, I mentally rolled my eyes, I didn't understand why she was so curious about Leo and I.

"Yeah-," I began before she cut me off.
"-So I guess the rumours must be true," she said, tilting her head a little.

"Oh no, we're not tog-" I didn't even finish my next sentence before she cut me off yet again.
"-yeah I didn't think so. I mean you're obviously a virgin and I mean, if Leo were to ever settle it'd surely be for someone of higher standards."

I clenched my jaw, I didn't see what her problem was? At least I didn't sleep with everyone I lay my eyes on. And there wasn't anything wrong with being a virgin; she said it like it was a bad thing. I then felt an arm draped around my shoulder, I looked up a little to see Leo was standing next to me.

He turned to me and said, "I just remembered that I left my wallet in the car, so I need to go get it." With that, he pressed his lips against mine without warning, completely taking me by surprise. He pulled away and turned to Harper, smiled and said, "oh, hey Harper," before walking to his car.

She looked at me, a slightly surprised expression on her face.
"Well, see you in school," I concluded, sitting back down at the booth, she scoffed and turned around, her heels clicking against the floor as she walked away.

Leo came back a few minutes later, his wallet in hand.
"why'd you kiss me?" I asked him.

"I heard what Harper was saying, meaning I heard her being a total bitch as per usual so I wanted to shut her up."

I snickered, I don't think anyone at our school had an ego as big as hers; she's gotten used to boys giving into her as she practically throws herself at them. The only reason she was popular in the first place was because she dated Brad Culverk, who was on the football team, whilst she was a sophomore and he was a senior. She used him, by the way, moved straight on to Dylan Mack a month later.

We ordered breakfast, getting into a long conversation, talking mainly about school and general shit, but somehow we got onto a debate about The Lost Boys.
"Michael could've just asked David who the head vampire was, that would've saved Sam and shit a lot of trouble," Leo argued.

"Yeah but what if David got suspicious or some shit and decided to kill Michael," I replied.

"How would that happen?"

I shrugged, "it would've been a bit of a weird question to just ask, like how would it even come up on a conversation."

He nodded, "I guess."

After finishing breakfast, Leo drove me back home, stopping quite a few houses down so my mom didn't see his car. I could easily just say I walked from Dani's as her house was in actuality, walking distance from mine.

When I got back my mom's car wasn't there, so I unlocked the door with my key.
"Hello?" I called out, there was no answer. Then I remembered my brother had basketball practice this morning and that's why they were gone.

I went upstairs, pausing for a moment when I walked into my room as I was unsure of what to do. There was something really bugging me, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Then it came to me, there was someone who I really needed to still apologise to.

I went over to my phone and dialled up their number, "Hey can you come over?" I asked when they picked up.

Hey guys, I started writing a River Phoenix fanfiction called Bitter Sweet up on my profile so I'd love if you could check it out!