"All in good time"

THANK YOU ALL FOR 12K ILY!!

"What the heck, that's literally like something out of a movie!" Danielle exclaimed as I told her and Mlak about what had happened the other night.

"But you guys aren't dating?" Mlak asked, I shook my head.

"What the fuck, you guys are more like a couple than actual couples," Danielle laughed.

"He still doesn't know what he wants?" Mlak turned to me, taking a sip of her coffee.

I shrugged, "I don't know, we don't really talk about it. I guess I'm happy with how things are right now," I said and they both nodded.

"Shit, we should get to class!" Mlak suddenly said, looking down at her watch. We all got up from the table we were sat at and began to make our way inside the main building.

"See you guys tomorrow!" I yelled, as I went up the stairs to get to my art class. It went as slow as ever, as did English, which I had last.

I got home from school to find my mom and dad sat at the dining room table, both with serious looks on their faces.

"Dad? I thought you weren't coming till Friday?" I asked, putting my bag down next to the stairs.

"I got off work early," he said blankly.

My brows knitted together, "why are you both so serious?" I walked into the dining room. My mom looked up at me, folding her arms.

"Bumped into Dani's mom earlier in Walmart, turns out you didn't sleep over last week," she said, sternly. Shit.

"Where were you, Nina?" She asked.

I thought for a moment, I could either lie or tell the truth. If I lied the whole thing could snowball and I could get in even more trouble or I could just tell the truth and make things a lot more easy.

"I was at Leo's," I said truthfully, my dad let out a large sigh, "but I promise you, I didn't do anything and that's the truth."

"Why did you lie to me?" My mom asked. I had no plans to stay at Leo's, it only happened because Dani had to sort Rex out since he was ridiculously drunk, but I didn't really want to tell my mom that.

"I don't know," I replied, sheepishly.

"Well, you're grounded until Sunday," my dad snapped, I groaned slightly, deciding not to over react; I wasn't exactly happy about it but I knew it was what was coming.

"Go up to your room, Nina," my mom said sternly and I did as she said. Once I had shut the door, my cellphone began to ring in the back pocket of my jeans. I took it out and pulled up the aerial.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Hey," I heard Dani say, sounding downcast.

"You got ratted out too?" I asked, slumping down on my bed.

"Yeah, see after I took Rex back to his place I was so tired that I fell asleep. So when I woke up in the morning I had to call my mom and made up the excuse I went to your house. I don't know how she bought it in the first place," she said.

"Yeah, well I'm pretty sure my parents think I've had sex, which I didn't," I sighed.

"Man, that sucks. I didn't even know our moms knew each other."

"I guess they do," I chuckled.

"So what's your punishment?" She asked me.