"Just admit that you like her"

^Just thought I'd bless your eyes :)

Nina's POV

Monday

I was not in the mood to be back at school, now it had been my birthday and Thanksgiving, I was just  waiting for Christmas. I had chosen to wear Leo's hoodie today as temperatures had dropped to 61F, which was cold for California.

It still smelt of his cologne, which was unsurprising as I hadn't washed it yet. As I walking through the main hall I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder, I looked up to see Leo grinning slightly.

"Nice hoodie," he smirked, tugging a little on one of the drawstrings.
"Thanks but it belonged to an asshole," I replied he scoffed before laughing.
He removed his arm from around my shoulder and spun me round to face him, holding my waist securely.
He then brought his face close to mine and said huskily, "an asshole who you kissed," he then brought his face even closer, "three times."

I felt my cheeks growing red, man, did he know how to push my buttons. He let go of my waist and brought his face away from mine, I looked around; spotting a few people looking over in our direction, returning to their conversations when they saw that I'd noticed them.

I made brief eye contact with Nate, he looked downcast, walking away when he spotted me looking over at him. I didn't know what he was so down about, it was like every time him and I made eye contact his face fell, maybe it's because I snapped at him the other week.

"Hey! DiCaprio!" I heard an unfamiliar voice call out. Leo and I both turned to see a tall blonde guy walking over to us, a slightly shorter but muscular guy walking slightly behind him, who I recognised. I'm pretty sure that he was a senior at our school last year.

"Hey Donny, what the heck are you doing here?" Leo asked, greeting the guys as they walked over to us.

"The school wanted a few guys from our college to help coach the basketball team this week so Ernie and I were selected," he explained, gesturing to the guy stood next to him. He then looked over to me.
"This your girl?"

"No," I answered for Leo, a blank expression on my face.

"That's a shame DiCaprio," Donnie said, turning to Leo, before looking back at me, "you're cute."

"You're not too bad yourself," I replied, I could tell Leo was tensing up a little, I mean I hadn't spoken to him yet, but there was no harm in pulling on his strings a little bit.

"Anyway, we gotta go now, but I'll see you around, DiCaprio," he concluded, he turned to me and winked before walking away. I had to admit, he was attractive, but nothing compared to Leo.

I turned to face Leo, his jaw clenched, I smiled mentally to myself; I guess I was successful in making him jealous.

"We need to talk," I said abruptly, he looked down at me, frowning a little.

"Now?" He asked.

"No. Lunchtime, outside on the park benches."
I then walked away before he could say anything else.

After Geometry, we were dismissed for lunch, I had bought a sandwich from a deli this morning so I didn't need to go to the cafeteria. When I went outside to meet Leo he was already waiting for me, I was thankful he didn't just blow me off.

He was sat on the table, holding his hands together, looking off into the distance as he waited.

"Hey," I said awkwardly as I approached him, he smiled in reply. I don't know what I was so nervous for, all I needed to do was ask him one simple question.