Chapter 19 - Is Everything Ok?

It's been a few days and the tension
is tight. Not as tight as the day everything happen but we were still not ok. We were avoiding each other and no matter how much I tried he just pushed me away.  Vivaan is at work and I'm home with the kids I haven't taken time off but I have asked them to him me shorter days. Vivaan seems to be ok with this but I think I should still talk to him about it. I thought that by now everything would be ok but it's just seems to be taking more time. It's probably because we haven't really had like an argument or a fight in quite a while.

Vivaan should be home around 6:00 and currently it was 4:30. I didn't really know what to do it that time.usually I could just play with the kids but lately they have started taking naps. I decided that I should just go outside and think a little bit maybe try figure things out. I sat and thought about things for a while and I didn't notice that it was almost time for Vivaan to come home. I still had dinner to make and I knew Vivaan would be tired and would want dinner by 7:00 at least. I decided to just make something easy, quick yet delicious.

I was in the kitchen and the front door opened. I saw Vivaan come through the door and put everything down. Usually he would come hug me from behind and give a kiss but for the past few days he hasn't. I continued making dinner and one I was done I went to check on the kids. I brought the kids down and made their food ready and then I went up and called Vivaan down.

We ate in complete silence usually we would talk about the events of the day. When he got done he took his plate and anything else he thought wasn't needed and put it into the sink and then went upstairs. Once the kids were fed I put them on a blanket in the living room to where I could still see them and let them play. I ate my dinner and then I started to clean up. I heard crying coming from the living room and I immediately ran to see what was wrong. Even though I wasn't far by the time I got there Vivaan was their holding Naira and Shivan was just holding on to his leg. I picked Shivan up and wiped the tears off his face and I brushed by hand over Naira's cheek. Vivaan seem is little mad or disappointed couldn't really tell.

~Conversation~

"What happened?", he asked.

"I don't know I was in the kitchen" I said.

"Where you not watching them?", he asked.

"I was", I said.

He gave a shameful nod and just left taking Naira with him. At that moment I felt like yelling " if you were here watching them while I cleaned in the kitchen this wouldn't have happened", but I kept it to myself. Once I was done cleaning I turned the light off and out Shivan to bed and decide that I need to talk to him and this couldn't go on anymore. I went to our room and saw Naira in the bed laying there while Vivaan was on his laptop. I decided to take Naira to the nursery and also put her to bed. When I got there Shivan was almost asleep and I waited until Naira was almost asleep as well. B
I then turned the lights off and then I headed back to our room.

I sat down on the bed and stay silent for a few minutes but then I spoke up.

~Conversation~

"Are we ok", I asked.

"What do you mean?", he said.

"Well we have been avoiding each other we barely talk we fight on the smallest things", I said.

"What do you think?", he said.

"I don't think so", I said

He sat their thinking of what to say and then he said "we need to figure things out".
I agreed with him but I was confused on how.

"What do you thing I should do", i asked.

"About work", he questioned?

"Yea", I said.

"I'm not so sure but I just don't agree with you taking so much time off", he said.

"What If I took off for a week and then continued to do short work hours for a few weeks and then start back up with normal hours", I said

"That's seems like a good idea but do you think you can do all that adjusting", he asked.

I was a little puzzled on what to say mentally I said yes but physically I said no. My final answer was "yes I could".

I knew even though we talked this out we still were not quite like before. We smiled at each other and I got up from my side of the bed and went to his side and gave him a hug. While hugging he gave me a kiss on the cheek and said "I love you" and I gladly said it back. I had to say that it definitely felt good being in is arms after so many days.

He told he had some work to do and that I should go to bed. So that is what I did. I got up and went to the bathroom and removed all my makeup and then washed my face.
I changed it to my night clothes and put my hair up into a loose yet high messy bun. I went how and went to my side of the bed and open the covers. I laid there and it was definitely hard not to have Vivaan in bed laying beside me. After some time he turned the laptop off and then went to the bathroom and changed. He came out and laid beside me in the bed. I was still slightly awake when he got in bed and I felt him give me a kiss on my forehead and move the hair that was on my face.

~Author's Note~

I hope you enjoy this chapter. Sorry for any grammar errors I usually do go back and quickly check but this time I did not so please forgive me. I was really trying to make sure I did two updates this week and it was already late. Please be sure comment, vote, share and follow. Love you guys. 💕Thanks for all the support really truly appreciate it. 😊