5: So Much Blushing

Cassidy's POV

The bell suddenly rang when I was about to pour milk into the bowl of cereal and made me jump, "Cass, honey, can you open the door, please!"

"Sure," I yelled back.

I opened the door and I got a view of someone familiar. If you're wondering why everything felt familiar, it's because I've lived in this city before—duh.

"Cassidy?!" she exclaimed.

My mind was still processing to memorize her name. The final result was just me blanking out and stared at her stiff like I saw a ghost.

"It's Kaycee! Kaycee Rice!"

Kaycee! That's the name, finally!

"Oh my God, Kaycee! Come in, please," I opened the door wider for her to come in without even asking why she went here.

"I haven't seen you in—legit—ages!" I pulled her into a huge hug. When I was still in LA, I had a squad and it was Kaycee, Tati, Sierra, Maddie, Charlize, and Bailey. Sometimes Kenzie would join us but we never assumed her as a consistent member of the squad.

"I missed you so much, Cass!" she pulled out.

Before I had the chance to ask her why she came here at the first time, she answered me, "Is Sean here? He asked me to come over to think about our new video collab."

"Ooh, spicy! I'm sure he's—"

"Kaycee! So I see you've met Cass already," Sean said as he made his way down the stairs and stopped in the middle.

"Tell me something I don't know," she said sarcastically.

"We can discuss this up in my room. Cass, you should join us," Sean invited.

"But why?"

"As an object for me to bully,"

I gave him the are you kidding me glare to him and he shrugged.

"But hey, you could help us with the music and stuff since the last time I know, you we the dictionary of music," Kaycee added.

"Yeah, that's what I meant!" Sean exclaimed. Kaycee and I gave him the recent look I gave to Sean. "Up we go, then."

When we were about to head upstairs, my mom went out from her room.

"Is that Kaycee Rice I see here?"

"Mrs. Lew! I can't even remember the last time I saw you," Kaycee exclaimed and they were formed into a hug.

"What are you guys gonna be doing?" my mom asked.

"I was about to think about the concept for Sean and I's next collab and I thought that Cass could totally help us."

"Sounds interesting. I'll be down if you need anything, ya," said my mom as she made her way to the kitchen—probably what she wanted to do at the first place.

We all replied okay in sync and made our way upstairs.

As soon as we're in Sean's room, I threw myself on Sean's bed and grabbed Mr. Stuffy, Sean's teddy bear but it was somehow mine. I believe that Mr. Stuffy was Sean's 3rd birthday gift from his friend. But it was too cute to not be mine, so why not?

"You still talk to your dolls, Cass? To Mr. Stuffy?" asked Kaycee as she took a spin on Sean's chair.

"Always, K, always. It helps me get through my worst time," I answered surely as I bobbed Mr. Stuffy's head up and down.

"Guys, can we just focus on the video now?" Sean asked desperately with his body laid on the carpeted floor.

"We were waiting for you to open the meeting, dumb-ass," I threw a pillow down at him playfully.