15: The Date

Cassidy's POV

"A date?!" yelled Sean and Kaycee.

I took another sip of my orange juice and I looked at the ceiling to avoid their wide screaming-for-explanations eyes.

"Cass, what is up with you? Kenneth San Jose is a cold hearted yet talented guy. This creature does not speak with girls, especially if it's someone he just met," said Kayce still filled with confusion.

"Kenneth is clearly wrapped around your finger."

"Well, what am I supposed to say? I did nothing and he's treating me like a princess."

"He better be," said Sean sharply.

"All I'm saying is if he's asking you out on a date and other cute stuff, he's probably into you. Oh wait! He's clearly into you, like he has fallen way deep."

"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" I asked as I scooted closer to Kaycee, who was sitting across me.

"You know what, I'm gonna let you girls have a girl talk and I'm just gonna go make mac and cheese. Anyone down?" Sean stood up and picked up his phone from his table and walked towards the door.

"Us," said Kaycee and I in total sync. Sean left us a simple nod and headed downstairs.

"Where were we?" she paused, "Oh, right."

"So, it depends on you, Cass. Well, based on my observation, he's like legit serious with this thing. He obviously likes the thought of being with you, being around you. That's his feelings for sure, but what are yours? Do you feel the same?"

"I'm not—"

"You don't need to answer that right now but if you do, then all of this is positively a good thing. But if you don't feel the same, then I suggest to—how do you say it? Lay low? Nope, but I hope you get what I mean."

I sighed and she chuckled.

"The thing you're gonna have to figure out is your own feelings. Do you want him?"
---

An hour ago, I was busy beating out my wardrobe—searching for the perfect outfit for a fricking date with Kenneth San Jose. Kaycee helped me pick some outfit since she was still in my house.

I wore a black ripped skinny jeans and a light grey hoodie over a black t-shirt. I was really putting zero effort into today's outfit and so was Kaycee. She said to not overdo it and wear something I'm comfortable in.

I grabbed my mini black backpack with me and rushed downstairs.

Ken: five more minutes and check your front porch. or less.

Wait, did you hear that loud thump? Well that's just my heart dropping to my stomach.

As I was tidying my hair in front of the mirror, I head Sean and Kaycee were running on the stairs. It seemed to me that Kaycee was being chased by Sean and Kaycee suddenly stopped when she looked at me—busy with my hair.

"What's good lil sis?" asked Sean as they both approached me.

Kaycee started to strike some weird poses on the mirror and Sean was just looking at her confusingly. That is Seaycee's relationship in a nutshell.

"He's gonna be here soon," I said.

The bell rang right after I finished my sentence and that made us three jump in sync. We exchanged the who's-gonna-get-that-door look and I knew that was going to be Kenneth so I gave them the I'll-get-it look.

When I opened the door, there was Kenneth who was drenched in sweat. He was in a grey sleeveless t-shirt and red track pants. He let out this exhausted teethed smile very widely until his eyes were closed.

"Hey, Kenny," I greeted him unsurely. He looked like he just ran twenty blocks with full speed based on his appearance and his unstable breathing.

"Sorry for the sweat and everything," he said in between his breaths, "but can you just get in the car?"

I didn't do what he told me to. I studied him from the top of his head to the tip of his toe instead. He looked extremely exhausted and I honestly didn't know what to do that time.

He smiled and asked, "Please?"

I was still confused and chuckled instead, "Would you like a glass of water first? You look awful."

"Thanks," he nodded. I opened the door wider for him to come in and so he did.

I rushed to the kitchen to fetch a glass of water for Kenneth. Kenneth was on my tail, following me slowly to the kitchen and he stopped when he noticed Kaycee's and Sean's presence at the living room.

"Kenneth! What are you doing here?" asked Kaycee, being the good friend she was.

"Hey Kay! Cass didn't tell you anything?" Kenneth asked.

Kaycee hid a secret behind her innocent smile, "I'm guessing it's a date? Because if it is, I'm a hundred percent endorsing this."

Kenneth pulled a huge smirk on his face and lifted up his voice, "You hear that Cassie?" I handed Kenneth a glass of water and I asked him what it was even though I heard it clearly.

"I got Sean and Kaycee's approval already. Makes it easier, doesn't it?" he popped an eyebrow.

Oh wow! So now I have this natural blush on that I didn't even apply on? What kind of sorcery is this?

I rolled my eyes as a shield for my blushing. "Bye guys, we're leaving!" I dragged Kenneth out of the house.

"Take care of Cass or I'll take back my approval, San Jose," yelled Sean added with Kaycee's light chuckle.

I shut the door and he led me out of my house. "Do you mind if I change my clothes for a minute?"

"Sure thing, Stinky boy," I chuckled.

He then blocked my way into the car and opened the passenger door for me, "Come in, m'lady."

Before I entered the car, I was having a mild blush but I couldn't help the fact that he said m'lady because it was so meme-y. As soon as we entered the car, we both started bursting laughter for half a minute and he started the car anyway.
---

We went out of the car and I didn't let him open the door for me because it wasn't necessary. Kenneth led me into his house and before he opened the door, there was this probably 3 year old boy who opened it.

The little boy run towards Kenneth and hugged his legs, shrieking in excitement. Kenneth bent over to carry the boy. "Cassie, this is Noah. Noah, Cassie."

"Chachii!" Noah said. He couldn't speak clearly yet. He was in the stage where all he did was imitate what his surroundings were saying.

"Hello there, cute stuff!" I poked both of Noah's cheeks and I started pinching them.

"Why are you greeting yourself?" he asked. I rolled my eyes and of course, I started blushing. He chuckled seeing me blushing three times in less than an hour.

"Can I carry him though?" I asked and I opened my arms, prepping to carry Noah.

Kenneth leaned Noah closer to me—trying if Noah would allow me to carry him. He started whining and grunting as a way to say No, Noah dislikes Cassidy.

"Well, seems like he hasn't liked you," he paused, "yet." Kenneth brought Noah down and guided Noah to walk. Noah still had his legs wobbly so Kenneth still needed to grip on Noah while he's walking.

I took a deep breath and my eyes got wider. This view was the best view that I could ever ask for. I could see Kenneth loved Noah with all of his heart and he was having the time of his life playing with him.

I couldn't help it but smile uncontrollably widely and immediately grabbed my phone. I took a picture of them as I couldn't stop smiling.

	Suddenly, a man in a casual dress who looked like he was about to go out somewhere, went closer to us

Suddenly, a man in a casual dress who looked like he was about to go out somewhere, went closer to us. "Well, who is this young lady?

"I'm Cassidy Lew, a friend of Kenneth. Nice to meet you," I introduced myself and we shook hands.

"Nice meeting you too, Cassidy," he said as we pulled our hands off. "Well, your parents and I are about to spend a day or two out of town."

"Where?" Kenneth asked, still with Noah's grip on his index finger.

"Our relative that you probably won't know," his uncle said. Kenneth immediately looked at me and held back a laugh and I did too. "Anyway, could you guys watch out for Noah while we're out?"

Kenneth and I automatically darted our eyes on each other's and we gave each other the what-do-you-think glare.

"Consider this as a parenting practice for you two."
___

SUPER SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE since it's holiday season and i was in no way near my laptop. BUT ARE YOU GUYS AWARE THAT SEAN AND KAYCEE DID A WAIT BY MAROON 5 DANCE DUET??!?!? am i a paranormal or something???? but anyway they killed the world of dance and everything i'm super proud of them! don't forget to vote and comment ya guyss!!❤️❤️