9: Okay

Cassidy's POV

My eyes were suddenly wide awake, completely forgot what dream I had. I tilted my head to my right, wanting to know what time it was. I immediately sat on the edge of the bed in shock.

It was Kenneth. I was in Kenneth's bedroom. I remembered. We were watching movies but how could I possibly fell asleep? Was I that tired? Kenneth was also asleep and he thankfully didn't wake up.

I pressed the power button on my phone and my eyes automatically darted at Sean's message saying:

So sorry I couldn't take you home, I'm staying at Kaycee's. I told mom Kenneth will take you home or you could just stay at Kenneth's. luv u sis.

Wait? What time is it?

12:34

SHIT

My sight changed to Kenneth who was half awake because of my loud cursing.

"Cass? What time is it?" asked Kenneth as he squeezed his eyes to get a better view.

"Its 12:34, Kenny, and Sean wanted you to take me home," I answered in a rush.

"Don't you wanna stay here? I can take you to school," he explained as he sat down beside me as well.

"Trust me, that's a great idea but I have homework to do and it's due today."

I ran my hands to my hair in a stressful way. I pulled a pillow beside me, pressed it against my face, and I growled mildly loud.

"Chillax, Cassie. I'll get you home alright. Pack your stuff and we'll go," he said in a soothing voice and rub his palms against my head. He stood up and opened his wardrobe. He took a simple Adidas hoodie and put it on.

As soon as we're both ready, we went downstairs and we caught Mat, Kenneth's brother, snacking in front of the opened fridge.

"Mat?" Kenneth asked quietly.

Mat jumped slightly when he heard Kenneth. We both held a laugh reacting to Mat's shock.

"Kenny, where are you going?"

"I'm gonna take Cass home. See you in a bit,"

"Alright then. Take care, young man! Bye Cass!"

"Bye Mat!"

I helped Kenneth open the garage until the car got out but Mat did the rest so I can hop into the car right away.

"Kenneth, I'm so sorry I woke you up and I made you to take me home, this was—"

"Cassie, don't be. I insisted you to come over at mine to practice and you did. So taking care and taking you home safely is my responsibility. No need to be sorry, ya."

I smiled sheepishly hearing what Kenneth said, "Make sense," he smiled proudly as I continued, "but thanks."

"Sure."

And there we were—having a midnight ride around town, enjoying the tranquil atmosphere. I was never a big fan of silence but somehow, this was soothing, just like his voice. Knowing that he was there, beside me, being my unexpected company made my mind in peace.

"So, what homework do you have?" he asked, breaking the silence.

"History. Not that much but it's for the first period, soo—"

"Yikes, I thought it was like a big project, like a big deal homework," he said as he pulled the car in front of my house.

I stayed silent. For somehow, I didn't know how to answer.