18: No Comment

Cassidy's POV

    That very night, Kenneth's parents arrived home at 2 in the morning or something. For the record, we decided to end the night by continuing to watch The Incredibles. But like what you guys expected, we fell asleep in the middle of the movie.

    We woke up to the sound of Kenneth's phone ringing from his mom calling to open up the front door since it's locked from the inside. And so we went down to open the door for them while Noah was still safe and sound.

    His parents insisted me to sleep over and then Kenneth will take me home at the next morning. I know he would but that's not the problem—every ounce of my body refuses to spend another spare time with Kenneth.

    Do I know the apparent reason why? Exactly, no, I don't. But maybe, I've been mentally weak that night from the entire 'date'. Call me exaggerated or whatever but there's a limitation for everything, and I've felt so many feelings and different emotions all in a night.

    I decided to message Sean to pick me up and thank God, he was still busy thinking about God knows what. Kenneth's parents thanked me for babysitting Noah and accompanying Kenneth before they left us; just the two of us.

    We sat quietly in the living room, each of us cuddling a pillow. Maybe we're too tired since we fell asleep before. Or maybe we're too tired feeling too many emotions in a night. Non sense.

    Sean texted me that he was outside and finally, we exchanged our goodbyes for the night.
---
    I rested my chin on the dining table and let out a huge sigh. I shut my eyes to consume and process all of the surreal moment that happened a few hours ago. I knew Kenneth felt something than just normal friends in our relationship. Maybe he felt comfortable or he could be himself when he's around me. But what I didn't know was that I mattered that much to him.

    My eyes were immediately open as Sean placed a bowl of cereal right in front of my face. I straighten my back and grabbed the spoon across the table.

    "You look like you need another bowl of cereal already," said Sean as he dragged another chair on the other side of the table.

    "Thanks," I said as I started eating the cereal.

    "Anyway, Grant came here after a few minutes you went out with Kenneth."

    "And?"

    "He was looking for you," he said.

    "What?" I furrowed my eyebrows and stopped chewing.

    "Well, I let him in for a moment and I introduced him to Kaycee. We talked for a minute and he asked if you were here," he said with his straight face as he sipped a bottle of milk.

    "And what was your answer?" I asked as another spoon full of cereal flew into my wide-opened mouth.

    "She was out at a date was what I said."

    I then put down my spoon and straighten my back. I faced Sean seriously this time. "Really?"

    "What? I was being honest," he paused, "because I was supposed to."

    I continued eating without caring what Sean just said. To be honest, I also don't know what Sean was supposed to say. The date thing sounded really official and formal and we all know it wasn't. But what could Sean say other than that date thing?

    "He looks like he really wants to see you," Sean said as he rested his chine on the Island like I did before.

    "Well, as long as it's not that he really needs to see me, right?" I asked, somehow sounded sarcastically.
---
Ken
how's breakfast?