21: A Few More Days

Cassidy's POV

    "Hey there lil' sis," Sean greeted as he pour a box of orange juice into a ginormous mug that I got him for his birthday last year.

    "Uh, hey."

    "Starving?" he asked. "Oh wait! Kenneth must've taken you out for lunch. My bad," he said.

    "Uhm, I'm pretty starving actually," I said, feeling brave that I managed to tell the truth as I approached him at the breakfast bar.

    He tilted his head back to meet my face and his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "You haven't eaten yet?"

    I shook my head.

    "Then, where have you guys been?" he asked. "Ya know what, safe that for later. I'm gonna cook mac and cheese. You want some?"

    "Do you need to ask?" I chuckled as I took of both straps of my backpack and dropped it lightly on the couch.

    I walked to the Kitchen and Sean was just starting to cook as he faced himself to the stove with the other ingredients beside him.

    I rested my chin on his right shoulder and asked, "Need a hand?"

    "Do you need to ask?" he backfired me with my words that I just said a few seconds ago.

    I immediately lifted my head up and decided to wait by the couch, "Alright, Mr.I-Can-Do-Everything-And-All-By-Myself."

    I threw myself on the couch and my body sank in. I covered my face with my phone and I let out a groan—a groan because I'm exhausted from school, satisfied by heart, and confused in everything.

    "What's the matter baby sis?"

    "What?" I questioned Sean from across the room as I removed my phone from my face.

    "I heard you groaned like really loud," he answered as he kept on cooking, "So what's the matter?"

    I didn't answer Sean that fast because I had to think about what I was going to answer him with. Oh, well maybe I could tell him about how I honestly feel. But, jokes on me I don't even know what I was currently feeling.

    "Could you just hurry up with the mac and cheese and let's all eat while I express my melancholically abstract feeling?"

    I could hear Sean's mild chuckle from the kitchen, "Hang in there, lil' sis. I'm almost done."

    Moments like this made me realize that I'm super lucky to have a big caring brother like Sean Lew. He's just always there whenever I needed him to be. He's always there at best and worst as well. I'm pushing myself to always be there for Sean as well but somehow, he got it all covered by himself. Sometimes I wonder if I really do have a human brother.

    "Here you go, ya sad muppet," he said with a British accent as he handed the mac and cheese to me.

    "Muppet?" I asked as I got up and sat down.

    "You look like a sad muppet. Now go stuff yourself up with mac and cheese and talk about your feelings."

    I couldn't help but smile sheepishly and grabbed the bowl of mac and cheese that Sean made. I'm not going to brag about how good the mac and cheese was because the explanation should be in a whole book itself.

    After a few minutes, Sean finally put his phone aside and asked me, "So?"

    "Promise me you won't laugh?" I asked.

    "You're probably gonna spill it even though I don't promise anyway," he said as he slip a light chuckle.

    "Oh you're so wrong, big brother," I replied sharp and obnoxiously as I crossed my arms.

    "Prove it."

    "Fine," I said, a little bit raising my voice because I was somehow pissed off. I grabbed my phone and I stayed silent.

    Honestly, Sean was right—I'll spill it out anyway because I know I could trust him with every bits of my heart. I was actually suffocating to not spill it out but I kept it in anyway.

    "Okay, fine! I promise! I promise I won't tell anyone," he yelled out in frustration.

    "Lol, gotcha."

    "Spill it out already, lil' sis!"

    "Okay, okay!" I adjusted my seat and started, "Is Kenneth always this straightforward?"

    Without a gap in between us talking, he immediately answered, "No." "Come on, Cassidy. He's Kenneth Cold-Hearted San Jose and everyone knows that."

    "Oh boy," I spat out.

    "What?"

    "Are you sure you're prepared for this?"

    "For what?"

    I took a deep breath and finally gathered all of my guts and said, "I think I'm falling for Kenneth Cold-Hearted San Jose."

    Sean stared at me blankly. "I know right!" I exclaimed.

    "What?" he said in disbelief. Before I even managed to answer him, he said, "That's what you've been trying to tell me?"

    I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion, "Is there a problem?"

    "Well yeah, like as if it's not an obvious statement."

    Wait, what?

    "Did you forget the fact that you've asked me if you were that obvious?"

    For a second, I remembered that time when Sean said I was kinda that obvious. Well it's not my fault that I still couldn't pinpoint my own feelings—considering Kenneth's ambiguous words and actions. I still couldn't figure out what he wants.

    "What should I do then?" I asked desperately. "I mean like, should I continue this feeling? Is it right for me to feel this way? Will I get hurt or maybe worse? Should I stop and prevent this feeling to grow bigger? Because if I should, I could stop it before it's too late."

    "Calm your nerves, lil' Cassidy. Baby steps. Go with the flow and trust wherever the wind blows you," he said as he stood up and walked towards the fridge.

    "Besides, you should just wait until your birthday and see what Kenneth has in store for you. It's just a few more days, ya know."
____
A/N
so it's been months since the last time i uploaded. i've been supersuper caught up with student council and it's finally over but i'm gonna be super busy with senior assignments and exams. and i also feel like no one's interested in this book anymore including me lol. i wanted to finish this book bcs i wanted to finally manage finish writing an entire book til end. if you're still interested on this story pls show sum love and appreciation it would really mean the world to me❤️❤️ it's about to reach the biggest conflict of this book🙄🙄 love yall idk if anyone's gonna read this lmao