22: Sean Talk

[this chapter contains a lot of perspectives from different people, please read carefully]

Kenneth's POV

     "You told her I was going to surprise her?!" I yelled as I stood up from my bed with my phone still by my right ear.

     "What, no! I was just saying—"

     "What?"

     "Forget it, alright. I didn't say a word about the surprise thing, okay. I promise," Sean sighed on the other side of the phone. "How is the surprise gonna be anyway?"

     "See, that's why I called you. Where is it gonna be? My house or your house?"

     "Don't you think it'll seem suspicious if it's outside of my house?" he asked.

     "Isn't Casscass somehow oblivious?"

     "Oh you don't know what's buried under that obliviousness. I call it at my house. My parents are out of town tomorrow."

     "Great. Party at your place. Who should I invite?" I asked.

     "Wouldn't it be better if it's for inner circle only? Like Maddie, Char, Will, Gabe, and the entire squad?" Sean suggested.

     "I thought so too. I'll try reaching them. So tomorrow Friday after school she's gonna go home with you and then the squad are gonna prepare at yours, right?"

     "Yeah. I'll take her around town first so that you guys can prepare a little bit longer. Anything else?"

     "Cakes and decorations are on me, ya. So, I guess that's it for now. I'll text you if there's anything," I said. We both agreed on the plans and then we hung up.

     All I need to do is create a group for this little surprise party. I was going to invite Kaycee, Maddie, Char, Tahani, Sierra, Tati, Bailey, Gabe, Will, and Josh.

     As I was about to create the group, a glimpse of someone flashed through my mind: Grant Knoche. Will he be there? Should he be there? I'll just leave that to Sean.

     I hope things are just like how we've planned.

---
Cassidy's POV

     Unfortunately, Kenneth's been running around my mind since last week. It's Friday now and I can't seem to get him off my mind since Monday. Is this bad? Is this how I was supposed to feel? Who knows?

     As soon as the bell rang, I packed all of my stuffs and shove it into my bag slowly. I really don't have that burning spirit in doing anything today. I'm just a human disguise of an awkward sloth.

     I was the last one who got off the class and I noticed Sean was waiting for me by the door. It's kind of funny how he knew what my last period was. We walked ourselves to the parking lot without even going to our lockers first.

     "I don't feel like doing anything today," Sean suddenly said.

     "Ugh, same. I choose to not put any effort in anything today. My body just can't," I added as I entered the car and we both put on our seatbelts.

     "We're just gonna chill today, ya. I'm not going to drive as fast as I used to—not that slow but not that fast. We're gonna enjoy the beauty of this town, lil' sis," he said as he started the engine and went out of the parking lot.

     "You're so weird but I'm down for it."

     No matter where I am, what I'm doing, I always enjoy killing time with Sean—even if it's just endless silence. We both know that silence is always calming.