8: Off Guard

Cassidy's POV

We went down to Kenneth's basement to practice. The basement was basically a spacey room surrounded by mirrors on both sides. "Wait here, I'm gonna get snacks and drinks."

I scanned the basement and saw some pictures of small Kenneth. My eye spotted a medium sized picture with coconut head Kenneth laughing with his dad and his brother. The picture was so pure and genuine, I broke a smile.

I wonder how Kenneth could manage such a cheerful personality after his dad passed away. I would like to know why but I never had the guts to ask him.

I continued scanning into the corner of the room filled with little Kenneth pictures framed up neatly. Some of the pictures were him with his family or with his friends. It was so crazy to see how coconut head Kenneth has grown into such beautifully talented Kenneth. I'm a hundred percent sure he's going places.

"Fell in love with that coconut kid already?" asked Kenneth as he walked down the stairs which made me jump.

I looked over him and chuckled—not giving him any words because I was somehow speechless. "I know, the coconut head was irresistible."

His hands were full of snacks and water bottles so I decided to help him. We put the snacks and drinks at the corner of the room and I just realized that there were so many of them.

"Warm ups, Kenny. Warm ups," I commanded.

"Connecting my laptop to the speaker real quick. Warm ups afterwards."

I nodded and placed myself in front of the mirror properly.

Kenneth played the song No Limit by G-Eazy, A$AP Rocky, and Cardi B. Classic choice, San Jose.

"Let's start with legs." We started stretching our legs to loosen the joints and muscles to move easily.

We continued stretching our entire body parts and made sure that we're not gonna get injured. The music was super upbeat and obviously, Kenneth couldn't control himself.

He started stealing the Hit The Folks move at every moment possible. I laughed at his sudden moves, "That was good."

He smiled and continued free styling along the song. When the song was cueing to Matt's routine, we prepared ourselves and dancing to the song with Matt's routine.

How we moved was so in sync. I remembered the routine with all my heart so I didn't have any trouble memorizing it while I was dancing. We interacted through our moves and our mimics.

When the routine was about to come to end, I hit it with a Hit The Folks but Kenneth continued with his freestyle. I cheered for him—impersonating how the crowds would go in a dance class.

As I was cheering, my focus drifted to how he moved his muscles, how he strut some poses, and basically, how he moves. I've said this like a gazillion times but—Kenneth San Jose moves effortlessly.

I am a hundred percent sure that he probably didn't notice I was there. He was too focused on how his body was playing tricks in sync as the music. His hands was as if a magic wand that could easily zap his other body parts to pop out and do some waves. It's really amazing to focus on someone who's so focused on themselves without them noticing.

How he moved was so contagious—even though you know best that you will never accomplish similar dance moves as him. Knowing that I would never bust a sudden move at that very moment, my lips are pursed into a slight smile just by gazing him. It was as creepy as it sounds like, but it was addicting.

He pulled up a silly move and I chuckled just by seeing him. As he was still on his silly move, he danced slowly towards me and I had no idea what he was doing and my mind was still darted on his silly act. All of a sudden, he picked me up and carried me like I was a log.