12: Nightmare II

Sean's POV

"Yes, Sean. Those nightmares are back again, I think. I'm sorry," she said.

Good, her nightmares were back and my ultimate nightmare was happening. No, I can't bear with her screaming in the middle of every single night. I can't bear with her not getting enough sleep. I can't bear with her feeling insecure every single day. I can't bear with everything.

Another bad thing, she knows that I'm suffering too. And she can't bear with it as well. I can't bear with her in pain and she can't bear with me in pain because she's in pain as well. It's a complex bear-ception

"Don't be. They'll be gone." That was the only thing I could say to keep her calm.

Just when the rough conversation ended, I noticed a vehicle parked in front of the store, in front of my car to be exact. Suddenly, the guy went out from the driver's seat.

At first, the guy was too busy locking the car and locating his wallet in his pockets as he walked closer to the store. I knew it from the start it was him and I have a feeling something bad might happen.

"Sean? Cassie?"

"Ayy, Kennboy!" I greeted cheerfully but artificially. My head automatically tilted to Cass, she was in shock so she forced a smile on her face, a broken one.

"There's something about this place and us, Sean," he said as he slapped my shoulder playfully.

I laughed, again, artificially in response. I did that in order to let him get into the store and we could just head back home and calm Cass down since I know she was super uncomfortable.

"So, Cassie. Any plans tonight? We can practice at my place—you know, if you're free or something," asked Kenneth with that nervous scratch of his.

Letting Cass practice with Kenneth at that moment was a hard thing to do since Cass was still traumatized with her dream. I knew, she didn't want to come either but I'm guessing she didn't have the ability to say no, as always.

I could see Cass was about to say something—she opened her mouth several times as an attempt to answer Kenneth but she seemed stuck. I decided to say it for her instead, "Um, sorry Kenneth. But, Cass is not feeling really well today and she had a really rough day at school, super exhausted. If you don't mind."

"Oh no, don't sweat it. I'm just—" he scratched his neck again combined with the awkward silence between us three and he then continued, "But, um, get well soon. Like, real soon. Take a rest, a good one."

"Thanks, Kenneth. She will and I'll make sure of that," I said.

"Alright, catch up with you guys later ya," he said as he left us a smile, a sincere one but a bit fragile at the same time. He got into the store, finally.

"Should we head back home?" I asked Cass as I stood up.

She nodded.

---

Cassidy's POV

A spontaneous acquaintance with Kenneth was an indescribable feeling at that time. And for him to ask me to practice was and indescribable feeling as well. Basically, Kenneth was just indescribable in general.

I don't know how I felt about him that day. I don't even know how I felt about anything. I was just afraid I would burden everyone around me that time so I tried my best to calm and not freak out about every single thing.

But seeing Sean answering every question from Kenneth that I was supposed to answer made me feel like I'm unable to speak, as if I was completely broken, and I wasn't—just partly.

I felt bad for Kenneth because it seemed like I completely didn't want to talk to him. But on the other hand, I also know that Sean was super scared I would get worse and worse if I interacted with someone that made me so—what's the word—confused, confused with my own thoughts and feelings.

On our way back home was filled with silence. It wasn't an awkward silence this time. It was probably because were too busy dealing with our anxiety at that moment since our minds were both not in peace.

"Home sweet home," said Sean as he turned off the engine.

As he was about to leave the car, I held onto his wrist to stop him from leaving. "Listen, thanks for covering me back then. But promise me one thing."

"What's that?"

"Promise me you'll be fine."

He smiled, "are you?"

"Just, promise me."

"Okay."

We left the car and walked side by side to the house with his left arm tied around my shoulders. The thought of Sean always being by my side calmed me somehow. I felt like his arms are towered over me, protecting me, and I always like the idea of that.

Sean opened the door and got into the house first. Just when he was about to head to the Kitchen, he stopped his step immediately which made me do the same thing. He turned around to face me with a panicked look.

He wasn't saying anything so I stepped forward closer to Sean and I was living the same scenario from a recent event.    I mildly gasped as I noticed that there was a guy, the mysterious guy who had been running around my thoughts all day.

He tilted his head to face me. He smiled and asked, "Missed me?"

It was Grant.

---
A/N
This one's a long one wOwZa. Originally I didn't want to separate it into two parts but I noticed that the first chapter has 2000+ words and I'm afraid y'all get bored and so voila!! I separated it! You guys are legit the only reason why I kept going❤️ Don't forget to vote, comment, and hit that follow buttonn❤️