19: Jacket

A/N
yall must listen to this song as you read this chapter because issa must thx fam x

Cassidy's POV

Kenneth took a deep breath, "So," he exhaled.

I looked him with blank stare and continued, "What do you want to talk about?"

"What do you mean?" I chuckled.

"Now I know you're emotionally exhausted, Cassie, and to make it better you should pour out your feelings to someone you trust and you know you can trust me."

"I—"

"I have nothing to explain and I'm pretty sure I'm okay," I know I'm lying.

"O...kay, but don't you wanna talk about something? Like, if something's bothering you or anything?" he asked, slightly leaning his body towards me.

"Not at the moment, no," I said kind of unsure. "Kenny, you know you could just focus on the road right now."

Ken let out a loud groan as he rolled his eyes. He wouldn't stop asking me and making me to say and express my feelings. I know I might be in an emotional roller coaster at that time but I thought that it's better if I kept it bottled in.

"Okay, but what about the jacket?" he asked me seriously but still full attention on the road.

Questions started to run around my mind. Since when did anything have to do with the jacket? Did Kenneth lend me a jacket when I head back home that night? Did I leave my jacket at his house at that night? My face was on full question mark.

"Jacket? What jacket?"

"Grey jacket on a rainy day," he answered but somehow asking as well.

"What?"

"Remember? Grant lent you his jacket when he took you to my house for practice. Did you give it back?"

"Seriously? Can we just focus on the past topic right now?" I raised my voice a little because I was somehow annoyed. I mean above all of the things that happened and he pointed out about the jacket, why?

"Alright, what do you wanna talk about then?" he asked, making me feel like I got him wrapped around my fingers.

"I'm just—" I took a deep breath and continued, "Emotionally unstable?"

Kenneth stole a little glance at me from the corner of his eyes and he automatically let out a little smirk. "I understand, and do you want to feel better?"

"If you're gonna say that I have to talk about it then I don't. I just need to be silent for a while."

He chuckled as he took a turn to the right, "Okay, okay."

To be completely honest, I didn't know where we were about to go. But somehow being in the same car, blasting to indie music on the radio, and enjoying LA's morning view calms me in many aspects.

The entire ride was just Kenneth tapping the wheel, mid-humming to mid-singing, and my entire mind was just caught up on how that moment made me feel safe and comfortable. What was I feeling?

Suddenly, Kenneth broke the not-so-awkward silence between us and asked, "But, seriously though, do you still have his jacket with you?"

I smiled.
___
A/N
yes, i'm aware of how short this chapter is and yes, this is what i want. just a little detail about their adorable flirtationship but yeah so SoRrY!! I'm still supes dupes caught up with school work and writing this-long chapter is pretty exhausting in the middle of this endless works but whatevs. issall because i love yall❤️❤️ dont forget to vote comment and followwww x