Christmas Day

Chapter 7

Adam

"Despierta! Despierta! Despierta!" I open my eyes to see Alma standing at my bedside in her onesie with her doll in hand.

"Go back to sleep. Dormir. Dormir", I rolled over to the other side of the bed. Only to have Alma run over to the other side shaking my arm she continue to say,"Despierta! Despierta! Despierta. Papá Noel vino!"

Kicking in my door Michael sang,"WAKE UP!" He jumped on my bed shaking me around with Belle in hand,"IT'S CHRISTMAS! Es Navidad! Es Navidad!"

"Es Navidad!" Alma said mimicking Michael's excitement. Jumping in place at my bed side. She had adjusted well to being here. It's only been four days, but she seemed genuinely happy. Thanks to Yuna and surprisingly Michael. Although, he let it be known that Bella would always be his first baby.

"Why are you half naked? And wet?" I said sitting up.

"You are not going to believe the Christmas gift Sara got me. Let's just say it was a very white Christmas", he said starting to jump again.

"Es Navidad!" Alma continued.

"Tis the season to be horny", okay I had heard enough. I got out of bed grabbing my phone," I got to start the morning off with some sugar plum titties!"

"You're lucky she doesn't know English or I would have to kick your ass right now", Alma took my hand and started running out the door. We ran down the hallway and the spiral stairs until we ended up in the living room.

Holy shit.

"Merry Christmas", Yuna said placing a gift under the 30ft tall Christmas tree there had to be at least 50 gifts here. She really went all out with the decorating. The fire was roaring, stockings were hung with silk red ribbon and giant candy canes, snowflake ornaments hung from the ceiling giving a winter wonderland feel to the room. A tray of cookies was half eaten with an empty glass of milk with a note left on the table. A train set was circling the Christmas tree, soft Christmas music was playing in the background and everything had a golden shimmer to it.

"Merry Christmas", I said sitting on the chaise lounge closest to the Christmas tree.

"Puedo abrirlos", Alma said pulling on my pants leg.

I looked to Yuna to translate,"She wants to know if she can open her gifts".

"Sí", I said. And not wasting any time she started to tear into her gifts.

If we waited for everyone to wake up we would be here all day. I looked down at my phone it was four in the morning.

"Coffee?" Yuna asked holding two mugs.

"Yes", I graciously took it. And she sat on the sofa closest to me. We sipped our coffee silently watching Alma excitingly open her gifts,"I should be recording this", I said out loud.

"Already, taken care of", she said pointing into the coffee table with a recorder on it.

"You're just on top of everything", Gamila said walking into the living room. Wearing a long black silk robe that draped across the floor. I appreciated having her around to handle the household things, I didn't realize until a couple days ago that I actually wanted people around.

"Gamila!" Alma screamed running into her arms,"Feliz Navidad! Mira! Mira!"

Smiling Gamila said dramatically," Merry Christmas. I have no idea what that last part was", She said being pulled towards the Christmas tree.

"You don't know,'look look' this is basic stuff guys", Michael said now dressed with a blond girl on his arm.

Sara, right?