Snap

Chapter 38

Adam

The room was a bust. There was nothing here to help me find exactly where Jennifer was at. My only hope was Brandon at this point. The Sinaloa Cartel had houses and territories all over the world.

I stepped outside on to the balcony and looked up at the sky. Praying for a miracle that I knew wouldn't happen.

I need a sign.

A clue.

Anything!

Vvvzzzzzttttt vvvvzzzttttt vvvvzzzztttt

I looked down at my phone and saw it was a unknown caller.

Could it be?

"Hello?"

I heard a thud like someone had fell hard.

"Hello? Jennifer?"

"Adam..." It was her! But, she sounded hurt,"Tell me where you are, love. Tell me anything.

She was struggling with something.

No someone. That was a fight! She was fighting someone.

"JENNIFER!" I was helpless to help her again.

Thinking quick I made a three way call to Brandon. Maybe he could find her through her phone.

"Sleep man! It's the ass crack of dawn---" Brandon complain before I cut him off.

"Jennifer is alive she's on the other line. I don't know what's happening but I need you to track the phone call. Please! We're running out of---"

"Shut the FUCK UP!" Jennifer yelled clear as a bell.

The struggling intensified, it sounded like she was choking while being slammed against the floor.

I swear to God, who ever was hurting her will die slowing as I peel his skin off.

"You heard that, right?" I asked.

"Holy shit", Brandon was at a loss for words.

"You're tracking the phone call, right?"

"On it", it sounded like Brandon was just getting out of bed

Shit! We're not going to make it.

"What is going out here?" I heard Michael's voice for a fleeting second.

"Not now", Brandon said in a hurry.

"Jennifer?" I heard her scream in pain followed by more screaming.

A voice I had never heard before shouted,"Get back here you---"

Bang! Bang!

"Brandon, how are you doing?"said getting nervous.

"I've just started I need at least ten minutes", I heard the familiar creek of his computer chair.

We both listen to the struggle play out.

James appeared behind me,"Boss--"

"NOT NOW", I didn't have the time or the patience for whoever was trying to talk to me now. I was so close to find a Jennifer I just hoped it wasn't too late.

"It's me! Don't you dare turn me away!  Walk me closer James", great Michael was on FaceTime. I just didn't have time for him right now.

"Don't touch anything!" Brandon shouted most likely to Michael.

"Whats happening?" Michael asked.

Bang!

"Alex!" Jennifer cried out.

Who was Alex?

"Don't you fucking move..."

Snap...

There was nothing but silence.

"What was that?" Brandon asked.

I was at a loss for words because I had never heard snap like that before,"I don't know".

I heard foot steps slow and inconsistent.

"Kitten? What did you do?" Another man said breathing hard.

"Brandon, are you any closer?"

"I need more time this isn't the easily thing to do", He said.

"DON'T TOUCH HIM!" Jennifer shouted.

I heard ... laughter like someone was having a psychotic break.

"What is happening", Michael said in a small voice that I hadn't heard in years.

The laughter got louder.

Whack!

"Sorry, give me a couple minutes and you won't feel a thing. For the most part you've been good to me, Alex. I won't let Shepherd hurt you, but you have to answer his questions".

Whack!

O no, she was using her I'm going to poison you and watch you die a slow painful death voice. Which really meant she wasn't in her right mind.

"Brandon anyting? When she took care of whoever Alex was she would end the phone call. And take care of whatever situation she was in by herself.

"BRANDON?" I shouted.

"I know! I'm working as fast as I can!" He shouted back.

"What's the phone number?" Michael asked.

"Not now", I barked at Michael.

Someone was walking closer to the phone and picked it up. With heavy breath I heard Jennifer say,"Stay away from Hell House", and ended the call.

"Did we find her?" I asked now pacing along the balcony.

"No, but I have a general idea of where she's at", Brandon sent frustrated.

"Fuck that, we know exactly where she's going", Michael said in the background. I held out my hand to James to take his phone so I could talk to Michael face to face.

"After, she just said stay away from Hell House. Something bad is about to happen there and I would heed her warning", Brandon said still typing away on his computer.

As badly as I wanted to bring Jennifer home I couldn't right now. Whatever Warpath she was on for whatever reason wouldn't end until she carried out her plan. Too many people were in play for me to outmaneuver her.

The Sinaloa Cartel.

The Jalisco New Generation.

Shepherd.

And God knows who else.

"We're not going to do anything right now. Let's see how she lets this play out. The main thing that matters is she's alive", when she was done with her murder spree Jennifer would eventually come home. And I could get some real answers. Until then, I was going to stay out of her way or I would end up dead.

Speaking to Brandon I said," I want you to look into a law office. Sherman law office to be exact. Is a lawyer there by the name of Ella Sherman. She's doing some work for Jennifer and I want to know what. It should be under the name Bellefonte. And while you're at it find Trey Shepherd and whoever that Alex is", I demanded.

"On it", Brandon said.

"Michael I need you to meet me in Caracas", I said.

"You just said we weren't going to--"

"I know what I said and we're not going to Hell House. I want to be close by to monitor the situation. Whatever Jennifer has plan there will be fallout for it", I said I'm too afraid to let my imagination run wild," I'll meet you at the airport. And bring Alejandro with you".

"Okay, I'll be there in like ten hours", Michael said ending the phone call.

What have you done, love?