Two Kings and a Queen

Chapter 48

Jennifer

I picked up Alma and put her at the island table. Once I made sure she was settled in I started pulled the juice out of the refrigerator and started searching for a sippy cup.

"Love, what the hell was that?" Adam said making me spin around to face him.

"What?" I said.

"Don't what. You know what", he said walking over to me. I continued my search for the sippy cup.

"O did I make things awkward between you and the nanny? Mad you can't have both?" I slammed the cabinet door.

"What are you talking about?"

I pressed myself up against Adam mimicking the way Yuna acted around him,"O Mr. Caffery you're so funny and strong. Here, let me serve you in any way possible".

Adam rolled his eyes,"It's not like that. Yuna is---"

"Yuna is what? I'm dying to hear this. What's making you choose her over me. I told you I didn't want a nanny".

"Then what are we going to do?" Adam snapped,"Hhmm are going to stay home and take care of her? Because I'm not. And you won't have the time".

I snapped back," there's always other options. Daycare? We are suppose to be the parents not Yuna".

"Even if I fired Yuna, you would find something wrong with the next person. She had been here since day one with Alma. She's someone I know can handle Alma...." Adam took my wrist and made me face him,"Look at me".

"I am! I've seen you all this evening. But, you clearly haven't seen me", I shouted.

"Don't play victim it doesn't look good on you", He said.

Crack

We both turned our heads and saw Michael coming into the kitchen,"Pay no attention to me. Just getting some alcohol", he said opening up the fridge and grabbing a bottle before disappearing out of the room he yelled back,"We can hear you guys too".

"Good so everyone can know you have the hots for the nanny", I open another cabinet. I didn't see the sippy cup and I slammed the door with frustration. I grabbed a normal glass and straw and poured Alma her juice.

"She can't have that glass", Adam said protectively.

"Why? Because Yuna said so?" I walked over to Alma standing at her side holding the glass for her," You know I do know a little bit about psychology. I am going to be a doctor. So I think I know a little bit more then the nanny".

"I never said you didn't".

"You just inferred it", I said,"Besides at her age she should be using a normal cup anyway".

"Do you just want to fight?" Adam asked.

"Would you rather me leave?" I said bitterly.

He paused.

"Wow. Your silence says it all", I pull the glass down and started to head for the front door. Only time I don't grab me by my waist and turn me to face him.