My Hero?

Chapter 9

How much more of this can I take?

"Refill!" another drunken 'patron' yelled.

"I got this", Ellie said.

"Thank you. If I get grabbed one more time, I going to break someone's neck", I said continuing to clean the bar down. I hate this place. I've never wanted to go to a strip club and after this, if I survived this, I never will again. But, I didn't have much of a choice. After the Independent Cartel, surrounded the compound they found me barely clinging to life. And after some quick thinking and sweet talking on my part they gave me two options. One, work for them. Or two, a bullet in the head. It's fair to say I picked option number one. All I had to do was prove to be an asset. And assist I did. I knew Adams trade routes. I knew directly where to go to find the supply houses in Mexico. Unfortunately, I knew how Adam thought. I only gave them a little information not enough to actually hurt the family. Enough for them not to kill me, until I figured out a plan on how I was going to escape.

Or kill them all.

Whichever came first.

"Hey honey, what's it's going to take to see you on that pole", I both loved and hated that I could speak Spanish. I do not have the patience to deal with Eduardo today. He came in here everyday faithfully to fuck "Amy". He was disgusting. He could at least try to hide the fact that he was married or at least take off his wedding ring. His leathery skin always smelt of sweat and smoke. And his black coal eyes had a predatory nature to them. It didn't help that our "uniform" was basically a school girl sex outfit.

"Not my time", I said cleaning a glass. He reached out his chubby hand to rub a small part of my stomach. I looked up to him, but stayed calm and collective. No one knew me as Mrs. Caffery. And I plan to keep it that way. It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what happens to outsiders who are competition. I was just another girl that worked at the bar. Who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. If Adam knew how they were treating me I know he would kill every last one of them.

I am going to kill you.

"Eduardo", Shepherd said slapping him on the shoulder,"You just missed Amy. But, Xiomara just got in". He ran his disgusting hands up my body lingering on my breast before finally leaving the bar.

I need a shower.

"You know he only does that because he knows you hate it. If you weren't so transparent with your emotions it wouldn't happen as much", he said sitting down at the bar. He had on a black pair of jeans with a white tee shirt and a backpack on. He looked sick his skin was a bit clammy.

I still couldn't figure Shepherd out. One minute he say he works for no government only himself, then the next he's actively trying to help me. I didn't know his full story, but I knew something wasn't right with him. He negotiated hard to stay alive too. Trey knew more about American traded and routes so the cartel let him live. He was was a runner and got to work in the whore house/ strip club as muscle.

Fun.

"My hero", I said sarcastically,"Are you here for a drink or because I have to do a run?"

"What if I told you, I bought you for an hour?" he said as the music started back up and the lights dimmed plunging the room into darkness illuminating only the stage.