Ciudad Juaréz and Phoenix

Chapter 25

Jennifer

"Andros!" I yelled standing above him in the living room. He had come back to the house around four in the morning.

Piss drunk.

So drunk that he couldn't even make it to the couch. He passed out on the floor,"Andros!"

Jesus Christ was he dead?

I gently nudged him with my heel. Surprisingly enough, there were clothes for me here. Today I decided to wear a long black pencil skirt and sleeveless white blouse with a necktie in front. He stirred in his sleep mumbling something under his breath. Rolling my eyes, I couldn't help but think Adam would never do something like this.

And this man is supposed to strike terror into the hearts of men?

I walked over to the kitchen and filled a bowl full of water.

I don't have time for Alex to drown his sorrows. We were married, deal with it on your own time. Coming back to where Alex laid, I poured the water on his face making him jump to life,"Good morning", I said in a deadpan voice.

Still a little in shock Alex looked up to me and yelled,"What the hell! A man can't sleep?"

"Not when I can't leave the house without you. Get dressed and showered we're going to Ciudad Juaréz", I said I'm ready to walk out the door.

"I'm not going to Ciudad Juaréz", he said standing up and starting to strip down naked.

I stared into his eyes pretending to be unaffected,"Yes. We are. I have 29 days to deliver on a promise. I'm not dying because you can't hold your liquor".

Brushing past me Alex made his way back to the master bedroom,"My father is not going to kill you. You're a political move now. Advertisement telling the Caffery's to stay away", I followed behind him.

"You can risk your own life. But, I'm not taking that bet and calling your father's bluff".

"I have more important things to do than chase pipe dreams. You want to go to Ciudad Juaréz be my guest", butt naked he went to the patio door and opened it and called for three men; Ignacio, Eduardo and Samuel. Each man was built like a tank. And could easily crush me with one hand.

"Take Mrs. García to Ciudad Juaréz. If she tries to run or play us shoot her", he walked past me and headed into the bathroom, calling out behind him,"Safe travels".

"That's not how this is going to--" he slammed the bathroom door.

Fine.

It's your lost.

The next time you see me. "We'll kill them all", Edgar said in my head.

Yes, yes we will.

"Let's go, gentlemen", now that I was officially free of Shepherd I had plans of my own. To get rid of the Jalisco New Generation Cartel I was going to start a drug war. To do that I was going to need Juárez Cartel to fight my battle. Ciudad Juaréz was a powder keg. And I was going to be the match that sets it off.

Adam

"Ok, love. Open them now", I said taking my hands off of Jennifer's eyes.

"You know, I'll love it no matter what, right?" I kissed her neck and wrap my arms around her waist holding her pregnant belly.

Today was perfect, it was a sunlit day in late spring, and the sky held a soft blue glow. "This is our beginning, it should be everything we want", I said as she giggled. I began to nuzzling her sweet spot just below her ear.

"O my God, it's....wow", she said speechless. As we stood in front of the custom-made Manor.

I have to admit this was my finest design. The Manor was closely modeled after the Oheka Castle. Except, my design was a sprawling, 120,000 square feet of lush grounds, each room, all 130, was glorious and decadent. More than 300 windows and doors were custom-made. Every little detail was personalized for us right down to the handcrafted wrought iron railing on the Grand Staircase. It had everything we could possibly need or want: ballroom, library, gardens, nursery, servants quarters, theater, pools, and three fountains.

"And this is our house or a hotel. Its just the four of us", Jennifer said turning around the wrap her arms around my neck and pull me in for an gentle long kiss.

"You don't like it".

"You know if it's your design, I love it. It's just... so much", she said resting her forehead against mine.

Smiling, I said,"That's the point. But, OK not this one. Do you hear that, Fitzgerald? Moms not having any of this".

"We could all be in this house and never run into each other for years", She said. Rising one eyebrow she said, "Testing names? What if its a girl?"

"Then Renee, or she could be named after one of our mothers?"

"Maybe? Fitzgerald is...Boss?", she said confusing me.

"What?"

"Boss, Boss?" She continued.

I jolted awake. Confused by my surroundings looked up and saw Ross standing over me,"Boss?"

Damn it.

It was just a dream.

"Yeah?" I said bitter to be awake.

"We've landed. Where to first?" He asked.

I had no plan other than to comb all of Mexico. Until I found Jennifer.

We were in Phoenix, Arizona for now. I wanted to talk to that lawyer myself before I gave up on that lead. She may have said nothing to Yuna, but she wouldn't have the same opportunity with Ross and James.

"Sherman's law office. There's a woman there, a lawyer, by the name of Ella, who has some information. We don't go forward until we know everything she knows. Whatever the cost, I want to know what she knows", I didn't care if they had to break her fucking leg. She would talk for me.

"Got it", Ross said cracking his knuckles with a smile.

I don't condone violence against women. But, if that's what it took to make her talk--- so be it. If I'm going to find Jennifer I'm going to have to go to some dark places.

Standing up I said,"Let me know when it's done. I'll be at the hotel", we couldn't stay long in Arizona. This was the Sinaloa Cartel territory. And if I had to guess they were still pissed and as for the decapitation.

Like I cared.

By tomorrow we would be in El Paso. We could go into Ciudad Juaréz. But, that wouldn't be smart and I highly doubt Jennifer would be there. The Juárez Cartel and the Jalisco New Generation Cartel were still fighting for who gets to traffic supplies in to the United States via the Express loop highway.

No, I needed to focus on areas closer to the compound.

Getting off the plane I was happy with that plan. As I sat in the back of the car I felt more hope than I had if I had these past few months. At least now I was doing something. I was actively looking 4 her.

Please, just be alive when I find you. Please, just be alive. I repeated this Mantra to myself willing it into existence.