Chapter 12

It's been a few minutes since Kookie had rushed to his room. After a harsh scolding to yourself you took in a deep breath.

You've honestly been pacing back and forth in front of their door, digesting your own harsh lecture.

Ever so gently, you creaked the door to his shared bedroom, open. You made sure Jihyun was occupied enough with a 1 hour scooby doo movie downstairs.

There he was. His back facing you with his blanket over him.

You could hear his silent sobs, that, making your guilt from a while ago unpleasantly attack you again.

"Kookie." You called out. It honestly came out as a plead. Hoping that the kid would turn to you with his usual adorable bunny smile that would never fail to cheer your once sad, tired self.

But no.

I guess the saying: You'll never appreciate something unless it's gone, was sadly a true statement. And you were inside a situation related to that text.

He felt the side of his bed dip, indicating that you had sat yourself down. He tried to fool you to thinking that he was asleep, but his stupid sobs and tears weren't cooperating with him at all.

He thought you enjoyed his company the same way he always enjoys yours.

If only you knew how he'd always glance towards that particular clock every second, anticipating it reach that certain time where you'd open the front door with your back pack slumped on the corner of the hallway right after.

He'd always try to busy himself, such as showering, brushing his teeth, or even coloring, that way you'd never suspect he was ever waiting for you.

Oh how much he'd long for your angel like laugher, when in all honesty it actually sounds like a rooster getting slaughtered then and there, but there are times your laugh would flow out your lips like an angel, so that counts.

Did you even notice how he'd always cry himself to sleep at night whenever  he'd see that guy you claim to be your 'best friend', Jin walks you home? How you'd smile to him, teasingly punch him once in a while. Do you know how much he's wanted to switch places with Jin whenever he was around you? He wanted you to only be comfortable with him and no one else.

Why are you like this to me Noona?

You let out a desperate silent sigh, staring at the one who refuses to even glance at you.

"Noona is sorry Kookie." You paused. "I'm really sorry."

And you really were. He was always there for you. And yet you just had to stupidly blurt that one sentence out.

You were staring into space, internally scolding yourself once again, to even notice him turning to face you, his bunny plushy you had bought him years back, in his embrace.

"N-Noona?"

You've never felt this happy before hearing that word coming out from his lips.

Instantly, you whipped your head towards his direction. Your heart churned, noticing his puffy red eyes, his cheeks still raw with streams of tears. It always hurts you seeing him like this, but it hurts you 10x more knowing it was because of you he was crying.

"Kookie~ah, Noona is so so so sorry." You whispered softly, tears escaping the corner of your eyes, as you delicately sway aside his bangs that covered his eyes.

He seemed to notice the tear. Without saying anything at tear trickles down his own eyes, as he continues to stare at you with his own two concerned yet pained orbs.

You two didn't utter a word, you both allowed your eyes to speak for themselves. About how much you're sorry, and that he meant a lot to you that never in a million years has his presence ever bothered you, infact, all of them were the best. From his crying to laughing, you cherished every moment.

His eyes softens now morphing to that oh so familiar emotion you'd always see lingering in his dark brown glittering orbs.

"I love you Noona."

You smiled.