Chapter 43

You slumped on your seat allowing your eyes to move away from the latter sitting across you.

Jungkook explained everything, not leaving any details at all . From how his mom told him to stay away from you, and how he had no choice but to do it since he couldn't bear the thought of you moving to another place.

And of course. After getting told about the whole scholarship thing? To say your were angry would honestly just be an understatement. I mean who wouldn't be?

All these seven years. You basically were living a lie.

But what could you do? What's done is done. Might as well properly thank her if destiny ever will allow you two to cross paths.

"Noona I-"

"Why didn't you just tell me?" You cut him off, your eyes narrowed before going on. "You could've at least told me that instead of just kissing me and running away! I was hurt Jungkook. You left with no explanation whatsoever, and not only did you avoid my whole being. You also made me look like a complete dumbass in front of thousands of people! Have you ever considered my feelings? Try putting yourself in my shoes for once!" You exclaimed, eyes brimming with tears as you spat out every word that's been bottled up in your heart.

The latter stares at your for a few good seconds, his own eyes glistering before he looks away, eyes closed shut as his hands clenched into a fist.

And you scoffed, your hand traveling up to harshly wipe away your tears before standing up on both your feet.

You turn your back on him, halting briefly to give him a side glance. He still wasn't looking at you, eyes planted on the surface of the table.

You let out a bitter chuckle. "Didn't think so."

The cold breeze kisses your skin as you step out of the coffee shop, your hands unconsciously wrapping themselves around you to provide some kind of warmth throughout your figure.

A frown makes its way up your lips as you glance back at the cafe only to meet with his brown hues staring straight at you.

You tear your gaze away first, slightly shaking your head before you allow your feet to lead you back to your vehicle.

You're about to open the door of your car, but froze when feeling a pair of arms slithering the outline of your waist, a faint thump sounding when its body clashes with you.

Jungkook had ran all the way from the cafeteria and was now holding you back from possibly avoiding him from then on.

His soft pants due to the race he had done fills your ears, his sobs not going unnoticed for the slightest bit and your heart drops at the sound of that.

"I-I know how it feels too N-noona.."He speaks out slowly, nuzzling his face against the nape of your neck as he tightens his grip on you, never wanting to let go.

Your arm falls to your side, ears on full alert ready to hear the younger boy out.

"Y-you left me too Noona.... Without letting me know."

Hearing that, your mind drifts off to what had happened 7 years ago. How you just left without indeed telling him. You remembered how your uncle cheerfully spat the news out to you, and how your 15 year old body reacted to it.

You recalled the emotions that engulfed you at that moment. How you were over the moon to say the least, and like any other students out there who where given such opportunity. Of course you wouldn't let it slide.

You wonder. If you'd have known it was the Queens doing all along just to get you away from her son. Would you have still accepted such offer?

The answer's still not clear to you.

"I-I was hurt too." Jungkook chokes out and you literally could feel your own heart shaken by his confession. He was hurt. Because of you.

His grip loosens slightly as you decide to turn around, the blue hues reflecting from the full moon delicately dancing along his features, his eyes glistering with tears as they hesitantly meet with your soft gaze.

He hugs you again, but this time tighter. "P-please don't ignore me Noona." You can't help but feel guilty all over again. Immediately you wrapped your arms around his trembling figure, trying to send him a message that you wouldn't do such thing.

After hearing him out, you don't think you'll ever find yourself doing that.

"I won't ignore you Kookie. And I'm...I'm so sorry." Jungkook steps back, his glistering eyes meeting your own as he cups your face."Don't say sorry Noona! I should be the one saying that. I should've told you in the first place instead of jus-"

He cuts his words when hugged him again, a relieved chuckle escaping your trembling lips.

He sniffs, wiping away his tears before returning back the hug. "W-why are you laughing?" He asks and you just shake your head, filling the tension slowly fading away, before your lips tugs down, into a frown. "You didn't do anything wrong kook. I'm the one at fault here. So forgive me okey? Or else I'll have to leave you if you don-"

He steps back, eyes widening. "No! I forgive you Noona! Don't leave please!" He pleads, and you can't help chuckle slightly at that, your hand rising up to caress his cheek and he leans into your touch, his brown eyes staring straight at yours. "Thank you Kookie." You smiled.

-

200k
Thank you.
-LK 💙