Chapter 31

He finds himself abruptly halting in his steps, slightly taken aback from the word his Noona specifically picked out to describe him.

He knew.
He knew he wasn't... That way anymore.

A hint of red gushes his once natural skin tone cheeks, eyes unconsciously landing on her back, slowly going lower before he slaps his face away.

"You okey kook?"

The harsh sound resonating from the action echoes through the hallways, eventually reaching your ears. Worry was clearly visible, dancing along your dark orbs, gaze glued to the now red tint decorating his left cheek.

The said man clears away the sudden lump that had formed in between his dry throat, before meeting your eyes, a small smile carved on his perfectly uneven glistering pink lips.

"Y-yeah. I'm fine."

-

Just as you were about to take a turn to the final hall, its path leading straight to the front door of the palace. Your body got yanked back.

Turning, you eyed the hand grasping unto your wrist, before looking up to lock gazes with the boy, sending him a questioning look.

"Uh..Kook?"

The hold on his wrist only tightens with the sound of your voice calling out to him, clearly questioning his action. You may not have noticed it, but he was now angry at you. But mostly with himself.

He got too engrossed with the questions his Noona was asking him, her soothing voice doing something he decides to keep quiet about, to even notice the destination they were both heading.

"Jungkook let go."

You weren't even given a chance to process the whole situation, him stopping you from taking another step, and just like that.
You already feel yourself being swooped off your feet, body tossed over a shoulder. His shoulder.

"Y-yah! Jungkook put me down!"

He doesn't say anything. Ignoring your words of putting you down. He turns his heel, now making his way towards the hallway you just came from. Totally the opposite from where the exit was located!

"Jeon Jung Kook put me down this instant." A pissed Noona was what you were right now. Your gritted words reaches his ear, but he ignores it once again, going on with his tracks.

You've stopped delivering a bunch of punches at his back, thinking you'd be able to persuade him to put you down in an all normal manner. Even if what he was doing, wasn't normal.

He stays quiet.

You're about to speak up again, but then you find yourself roaming your current surroundings, taking in the visible details.
The familiar interior made you roll your eyes unconsciously, knowing where he was heading.

Soon enough, you pick up a door creak open, your body then being put down, after taking a few steps inside his room.
The second you felt your feet touch the ground, you dash your way towards the door.

Jungkook sighs under his breath, before turning his heel to face your figure. Both his hands were now tucked inside his pocket, an unamused expression plastering his flawless features.

The handle won't open. You let a groan escape your lips as you turn to face the young boy.

"Why are you doing this?" Your tone sounded more like a high schooler suffering the wrath of math. The valuables not sticking to their head to the point they just wanna rip their whole hair out. You were practically whining.