Chapter 40

"I'll miss you Noona."

Those words brought a stab in your heart, his glistering eyes looking straight at yours. You're about to ask him what was wrong, but then he gets off you and leaves the room just like that.

His sobs still echoes your head, his trembling lips as he said those words still looking so fresh in your mind.

Jungkook sniffs as he pulls out his mask, bringing it up to conceal his face before ruffling his locks that way they'd be able to hide his shallow eyes.

He allows his feet to take the staires, not risking his chances of getting noticed. When he's halfway down, he halts in his step, mind recalling what had happened in your office.

A lone tear escapes his eye as he allows the wall to support his body. He brings his hand up to his chest, feeling his heart painfully shatter into peices.

If he could have it his way. He'd choose to stay.

But he couldn't.

He didn't want you to leave.
He didn't want his mom to send you away.....again.

You being sent to America was her doing. Somehow she was able to convince your uncle about offering you- more like lie to you- about earning yourself a scholarship.

This whole childish set up was made by his Mom just to have you away from him.

She sent you off, paid for your studies, lied to your whole family, and Jungkook knew.

With that trauma of not being able to see you still hunting his whole being, he's left no choice but to obliged to the Queens words. His moms words.

He covers his eyes with his hands, allowing his body to sink to the floor.

"Wait for me Noona...Just a little more."

-

That faint knock emmiting from your door brings you back from you trance. With blank eyes you move your gaze towards the source of the sound, downloading in your reality before shaking the clouds of thoughts out of your head.

You were left confused, not knowing why Jungkook said those words. He didn't even give you a chance to ask what was wrong with him, and sprinted out of there. Why did he even say those words?

"I'll miss you Noona."

He sounded so...broken.

You allow a sigh to escape your lips as you open your door.

Dr Tuan shoves his phone inside his pockets when noticing your figure, sending you a grin before pointing behind him. "The meeting's about to start in a few minutes." He says.

Jungkook's words soon echoes through the walls of your head, his weak raspy voice suddenly churning your insides and you feel this urge to just skip this meeting and run after him. You desperately want to ask him what was wrong now. Why on earth did he sound like he was leaving?

Oh how you wished you could do that.

You push your thoughts out the door, shaking your head slightly before sending Dr Tuan a nudge.

"Let's go."

Work first. Jungkook can wait.

-

A few days have passed and no word from Jungkook ever reached you. Jihyun constantly comes in and out of the palace, but whenever you'd ask him what was wrong and why Jungkook was avoiding you? His answer would always be a shrug.

It's not that you've not tried approaching him. You've been doing that ever since that day. But in the end, the guard would just come back stating that the Prince had turned down your request of seeing him.

Its been a month now, and you decided it was time to stop.

After all those attempts of getting him to atleast speak to you. You even went to the extent of pushing through the guards when seeing him and his family stepping out from their limo at some gathering you've choice to not pay attention at. Of course there were thousands of people crowding the area at that time, so wouldn't be surprised if anyone questioned your sanity.

Jungkook did lock gazes with your desperate eyes, and you could swear he was holding himself back despite the blank expression he had on.

In the end, he tore his gaze away from you first and thats when you decided it was time to stop.

Your boss gave you a few weeks off from work, allowing you and the media to cool off first before you're able to resume back to work.

With the commotion you started, you've managed give yourself a spot on Korea's front page, labeled as Crazy Lady.

To your luck, the false accusation died down after a few days, considering there were more to the world than having to go on and on about a lady desperate for the Princes' attention. You out of all people knew that you just gave yourself a 50/50 percent chance of getting him to talk to you.

You wanted to know why he was avoiding you. And you'd just be lying to yourself if you say him doing that hadn't affected your lifestyle at all.

Those few weeks allowed you to sync in the reality that he didn't want your presence around him anymore.

And neither did you, need his.

-

If you think your life was worse then Jungkook was worser than yours.

The Queen once again witnesses her beloved son blankly poking his food repeatedly.

She's left worried.

He's gotten more thinner, the pigment of his color slowly turning faint, and those visible bags under his eyes only made him look like a sick person.

"Kookie." She calls out gently. Jungkook slowly lifts his head, his tired eyes meeting hers, and with a weak smile, he hums to her call. "Yes?"

"Do you not like the food? Do you want me to have the maids prepare you another set? Tell me eomma what you want Kookie."

The latter blinks a few times, his smile falling before he forces it up again. Once her words meets him, he slowly shakes his head before putting his utensil down. "I'm fine mom....Just tired. I'll be going back to my room now." He takes his leave even before she's able to say anything.

Jungkook closes the door of his room, before falling to the floor, his back pressed against the mohagony. A weak bitter chuckle escapes him as he recalls what had happened at the gathering a few weeks ago.

Knowing that you wanted to still talk to him, made him feel that relief he wanted. He hates himself for ignoring you. As much as he wanted to run up to you that time, he couldn't do that. Not with the crowd around and especially his mom.

He wipes away a tear before hugging his knees tight, nuzzling his face deeper as he tries to hold back his sobs.

"I m-miss you Noona."