Chapter 42

An exhausted yawn escapes your lips as you punch the down button, your body then leaning against the railing's of the elevator as you watch its heavy metal close shut.

You've had a busy day today, checking up on your patients, meeting up with their relatives just to elaborate one's condition in an understandable way ever. And if you thought your life couldn't get any busier. Jin decided to contact Namjoon stating that he couldn't come due to some family issues that needed his presence immediately back at his hometown.

The look on Namjoon's face when hearing that almost made you pee on yourself, considering you were there to witness everything.

He calmed himself nevertheless. and you internally sighed. He could've broken his phone with the grip he was applying.

Their conversation goes on, and you just had the guts to stay frozen on your spot, oblivious unto why he looked angry in the first place.

You're about to take your leave, thinking it was probably nothing, but that was until he hung up and locks gazes with you, telling you with his eyes to stay where you're at.

The words that slipped out off the mans tongue made you instantly stick a mental note inside that already stuffed mind of yours, to punch Jin in the face so hard that he'll no longer consider himself WordWide Handsome.

"You'll be Jin's substitute for today."

And that there folks, is how you've managed to drown yourself with the tasks of your bestfriend.

Aside from having to go over some files of his patients, and having to visit them yourself. You're just glad to have finished the day with ease.

Hopefully you'd not have to suffer another hectic schedule such as this, tomorrow.

You swung your car keys in between your fingers as you stepped out of the building. That hospital smell replaced now by the fresh cold breeze outside.

Just as you're about to make your way towards the parking lot to find your vehicle. Your phone starts beeping from your pocket and you immediately fish it out, answering before placing it against your ear.

"Hello?"

The line's left silent for a few seconds, a piercing ring due to the tension of anticipating the callers answer, stinging your ear. You're about to check the ID, but before you're able to do that.

A familiar chuckle sounds off, and you're left frozen to say the least.

You haven't heard from him for such a long time, and having to just catch a glimpse of him through the Tv screen surrounded by his relatives or through the thumbnails you'd find flooding your Youtube suggestions. The sight of him would always leave you pondering nonstop, eventually leading to an unbearable headache.

"Noona."

The raspiness of his voice sounded calm, almost as if satisfied, and that only made you unconsciously tighten your hand into a fist.

"Noona its me. Kookie."

You allow your eyes to scan the dimmed area as if searching for something while shifting your phone to press on your other side, your lips still clamped shut.

"Noona please talk to me."

You then feel your eyes unconsciously brimming with tears upon hearing his voice again.

Overwhelmed, you quickly end the call before sprinting towards your car, and slipping inside the front seat.

Your phone rings again, and you just stare at it blankly, tears trickling down your glistering eyes as they leave a trail down your cheeks.

He sounded happy, and you curse yourself for thinking he was somewhere in the perimeters when he called you.

The car goes silent, the light reflecting from the screen turning pitch black. Hesitantly, you place the phone on your ear for the second time.

"H-hello?"

You stuttered. trying your best to sound like you've not been shedding some tears just by the sound of his voice. The voice you've missed so much.

"Why'd you hang up on me Noona? Are you mad at me?"

You feel your heart tighten with guilt when hearing his words.

I'm not angry at you.

You wanted to say that. You wanted to tell him that you're just disappointed at him, but if you do say those words. You'd just be lying to yourself and him.

You sniffed, wiping away your tears as you part your lips to answer him back.

"N-no it's not tha-"

"Meet me at that coffee shop close to your place. I'll explain everything there Noona."

Silence engulfs the both of you after his sentence. You bite down your lip as you debate your decision. You're still left confused unto why he suddenly started avoiding you, even getting mad at him at some point.

You're snapped back into reality, when hearing him speak again.

"I...I missed you Noona."

Those words triggers a memory from a month ago, a flashback replaying itself inside your mind and you allow your tears to stream down your cheeks at the remembrance.

You're such a crybaby.

You scoffed. "Then why'd you ignore me uh? Why'd you suddenly choose to talk to me when I'm already this close to pulling myself together?!"

You're now pouring your heart out and you don't even care that you were shouting your lungs out with each word that slipped out.

He had to know the impact he had on you. He had to know how hurt you were when he choice to disappear from you with no explanations at all.

He could've given you just one reason.
That single reason that would've atleast made you feel less guilty, rather than having your mind combust with multiple explanations that wouldn't even make sense.

You hear him sigh, and as much as you wanted to go on. You realize it be best to hear his side of the story first.

"30 minutes."

You don't even wait for him to answer before you ended the call, immediately turning on the ignition before stepping on the accelerator.