Chapter 17

7 years later

Oh how you've missed Korea's air.

It's been 7 long years since you've last said goodbye to your birth place.

America thankfully wasn't that bad. It did you good to be honest.

Unlike movies where the other students bully a kid because of your color and some sort. It was different. The people were nice, friendly.
Well, but not all of them. Yes, you've been given racist comments, but they never went to the extent of physical contact, so it was fine.

You can't thank your aunt and uncle enough. They've treated you as if you were their own child, leading you to stick a mental note to visit them soon.

Your parents visited you in America as often as they could, but sadly your brother couldn't come along with them.

You've been so busy with school you couldn't find a proper time to face chat him, and not to mention the time zones were different.

Graduating with honors you've already received your Doctors Certificate and Diploma, and after those few months of working as an intern on one of the hospital building's in America, you're glad to announce that you'll be continuing your journey as a certified doctor here in Korea.

Your parents weren't able to fly to America for your graduation since they've been too caught up with the family business, that surprisingly boosted its sales a year after you left, and is now recognized to be one of the most successful company in Busan.

"You could have waited for me y'know." Jin speaks up, dragging his suitcase behind him, before stopping right beside you.

Did you forget to mention that your bestfriend was also given a scholarship in America in that very school you attended?

"You didn't expect me to just stand there and wait for you...right?" You grinned, running a hand over your dark brown hair.

He rolls his eyes. "Did you tell mom you're back yet?" He asks, referring to your mom. You didn't tell either of your parents, since you wanted it to be a surprise. Especially to your baby brother.

The last time your parents visited you, was nearly 6 months ago. They'd call once in a while, but it'd sometimes sadly pass unnoticed, since school's gotten the best of you.

The first few weeks after you've left, you'd usually stay up at night just talking to your brother, telling him how much you've missed him, and he'd tell you the same. It went on like that for almost half a year, but then you finally started school, receiving and answering phone calls went to a minimum to nothing at all.

You don't even know how he looks like right now.

What a bad sister you are.

"Not yet....I can't wait." You smiled to yourself.

-

The two teens were both scattered inside his room, lazying themselves around until a certain knock was heard.

"Go away." Jungkook monotonely answers, his eyes glued to his phone, body laying comfortably on his comfy matress.

Jihyun on the other hand, had his back against the soft carpeted floor, both his legs resting on jungkooks bed, crossed.

He shoots Jungkook a smirk, and he does the same, before eyeing the door.

"Your Highness, Master Jihyun's mom just called and is requesting his presence back at home as soon as possible."

Jungkook tosses his phone aside, annoyed by the fact that she was still there even tho she was told to go away.

Jihyun lets out an amused chuckle, his freshly dyed dark brown locks with a hint of purple, swaying to the sides as he pushes himself up.

Wiping the invisible dusts from his tight black jeans, he eyes his best friend questioningly.

"What are you doing?" Jungkook walks over to his walk-in closet and soon comes back, swinging a backpack behind his back.

He shoots him a 'what does it look like I'm doing' look, before answering with a 'duh' tone. "Your place? Now let's go."

Jihyun nods in responds, grabbing his own backpack he had placed on the couch a few hours ago. "It's been a month since you've last visited them anyway." He casually spoke as the two entered the black limousine assigned to bring the both of them to your place.

It was quiet for a while. Jungkook watching the scenery pass by behind the tinted window, Jihyun scrolling through his social media while laying flat on the leather seat.

"I wonder how Noona's doing." He absentmindedly mutters to himself, as he now stares at the limousine's roof, his phone resting on chest.

7 years ago. A day after you left.

The two kids were told about your leave, the minute they started asking for you.

Of course, since they were so close to you, tears were bound to stream down their little faces.

Jihyun refused to eat during those first few months, but that eventually came to a stop, after you've talked to him through the phone, saying. He should eat in order to grow up and developed a handsome face, you also said you're planning on boasting how handsome your brother is, if ever that happened. But of course. It did.

As for the Prince. It was different, it scared everyone living in the household.

He was quiet. Too quiet for anyone's liking. He'd do everything he's been told to do in pure silence, without having to apply any force. One would always find him staring at nothing in particular, looking so dead and emotionally drained.

A month almost passed and if it weren't for Jihyun, everyone would have thought the Prince turned mute. He was just so silent.

Little did they know. Ever night right after the clock stroked 1, he'd cry himself to sleep. Until now.

He missed you.

Missed you so much.

Some point in his life, he wondered why he's allowed you to let him feel this way. You don't deserve his tears, in fact. You don't deserve anything from him. But what can he do? He just loves you so much.

The longing he felt for you. Remained.

"Dude, are you crying?"

He sniffs, wiping the substance that happened to escape his eye without his permission. "No I'm not." He replies, Finishing it with an eye roll.

The two grabbed their backpacks and exits the vehicle.

"Home sweet home." Jungkook sang, taking a whiff of the air. Jihyun childishly smacks his friend on the head, receiving a laugh from him before they made their way inside.

"Mom."

"Mom."

The two called out at the same time, both removing their shoes and placing them on the shoe rack.

Instead of having 'mom' greet them with kisses and Huggies, another females appears instead.

It took the two a good few seconds to remember where they've seen her before.

Then it hit them.

"N-Noona?"