Chapter 34

Jihyun sighs under his breath as he strides himself along the hallways of the empty palace, his car key clutched tightly inside his grip.
Just a while ago, he's happened to barge in just time to hear out the words Jungkook spilled out.

"...I'm already broken because of you."

Although not understanding the situation he had emerged himself into, he was sure about one thing. That one thing being of him arriving just in time to take you away from the palace, preferably away from his bestfriend, since, from what he's just witnessed, the sight wasn't that pleasing.

You were reluctant, using your Noona tone at him to let you go, when he in all means was just trying to get you away from whatever Jungkook had up his sleeve. Your stubbornness reached its limit and the kid couldn't help but immediately toss you over his shoulder, that clearly surprising you.
The fact that you couldn't scream your lungs out right then, afraid to wake up anyone who's anyone inside the place, left you no choice but to shut that mouth of yours, and allow him to take you home.

The second he steps inside his BestFriend's room, almost immediately an unamused expression plasters his features.

"You're an idiot. You know that right?"

The newly 18 year old casually shruggs to his comment, picking up the towel you had dropped a while ago before tossing it towards the laundry basket inside his spacious bathroom.

"I know." He pouts, showing his puppy dog eyes only to earn a harsh smack from Jihyun in the head.

-

"I'm sorry Ma'am, but the Prince has denied your access to meet up with him."

The grip on your bag loosens, an exasperated sigh leaving your pink chapped lips as you drop your gaze towards to ground. It's been exactly three days since Jungkook's birthday. Three days since you've had a fight with him. All those three days, you've been feeling nothing but guilt swirling the pit of your stomach. He's confessed to you once, back at your apartment, but you allowed it slide. And whatever happened that night. You could only guess that everything would've been easily dodged if you had just turned him down properly. But no. You were too caught up into that Noona side of yours to even notice his change of attitude towards you.

You wanted to apologize, and hopefully convince him to erase whatever he felt for you and be able to find a better girl for him. Someone who was closer to his age. Jungkook was young, his features taking first place in Most Handsome if you were to judge, and he surely would be able to find a perfect girl for himself if he just gave in.

"Okey." You bowed slightly at the guard before turning your heel. A frown was visible on your face, as you step inside your car, turning on the ignition before driving your way towards your workplace.

-

Jihyun blankly watches how his friend shifted his weight from one foot to another, eyes peaking through the draped window.

A sigh escapes the latter's uneven lips, before turning slowly to face his friend, a pout forming his mouth.

"She left."

Jihyun wasn't even a bit fazed by his words, getting up from the bed to take a peak of you himself, looking just in time to see your car drive out of the perimeters.

Snickering, he then fully swipes the curtain - that's been purposely covered for personal reasons- to one side, allowing the hues emitting from the sun to surge the once cold dim room.

"What do you expect after turning her down?"

A glare decorates Jungkook's features, before it suddenly forms into a smirk.

Jihyun was already piling up his books above the surface of the table, getting ready for today's lesson, when he happened to see that expression plastering his friends lips. Rolling his eyes to the side, he then slumps himself down on the chair, fishing his phone out the next, ears perked up to whatever plan Jungkook was ready to rant out.

-

All doctors were inside the meeting room, discussing about an upcoming operation happening within a few weeks time.

Halfway through explaining the techniques and machines required when inside the theatre room, the door bursts open, revealing a panting nurse, Dr Kim, also known as Jin, coming in a moment later.

"What is it?" The Head of the Emergency Department, Dr. Kim speaks up, a hint of irritation dropping his every words as he pushes his round specs up the bridge of his nose.
You don't blame him tho. I mean, the guy was practically cut off in the middle of an important speech, so he did have a right to be angry.

The nurse couldn't speak up, almost looking terrified by Dr, Kim's expression.
Sighing under his breath, Jin then steps inside the auditorium, giving an apologetic bow towards the doctors, before making his way up to you.

"Wha-"

"I'll have to borrow Dr, Jung for a second."

He's already had you up on your feet, dragging you out the door only to be stopped by the deep voice coming from behind.

"And why is that? Can't you see we're in the middle of something?"

And just like the nurse, you feel yourself trying to get your hand away from Jin and return back to your post, hoping you wouldn't anger your chief even more. But instead, you got pushed out the door, Jin blocking you from getting in, his front facing Dr, Kim.

"Namjoon~ah, I feel offended right now. Just because you're on a higher level doesn't mean you get to talk to me that low."

When the latter's left speechless, Jin then sends him a wink before turning back to you, immediately grabbing your wrist before dragging you to wherever he was going.

"Yah, slow down will yah!" You shrieked, your body then being pushed inside an elevator. Growling slightly towards your bestfriend, you aggressively try to fix your once perfectly tied hair.
Jin presses the very top floor, leaving you to wonder.

"Where are we going?"

"Top floor."

"Why?"

He smirks, leaning comfortably against the metal wall. "You'll see."