Chapter 47

"Hyung."

If it were any other normal day, he'd have welcomed him with his usual bunny smile instead of a low growl making it quite obvious that his presence wasn't pleasing. At least for his side.

Jimin plasters a grin across his lips as he steps inside your apartment, ignoring the young Prince's strict of a face.

"Where's Y/n?" He asks simply. Just the sound of your name rolling off his tongue made a frown fall upon the young Prince's lips.

He didn't like it when people call your name out so freely, easily feeling jealous and such for some reason. And that reason's basically because you never allow him to call you by your name.

Jungkook slightly shakes his head, allowing the thought to drift off before slamming the door shut with an eyeroll. "Why are you here hyung?"

He knew why he was here, but questioned him nonetheless .

Just as Jimin was about to reply back, a door closing shut somewhere inside the place soon echoes throughout the walls and before anyone's able to say anything else. You made your entrance.

"Y/n!"

Jimin cheerfully calls out, eyes practically sparkling at your sight, and Jungkook can't help but clench his hands into a fist.

You're not able to process anything at the moment, just the fact about getting engulfed inside an embrace of a man you don't know that much. You stumble back, a bit shaken by both voice and action but you can't help the nervousness crawling your insides when noticing Jungkook's eyes narrowed at you.

The memory of what had happened earlier-his words to be exact-was still fresh inside your mind, and sad for you to say. But you felt kinda guilty having him know that you'd be going out with Jimin even if it was just a friendly hang-out. The kid has feelings for you, and you can't change that unless he moves on. You don't want to give him hopes or anything with what you're about to do, but you've also realized that you don't know Jimin quite that well. Yes, you recalled that he's a Prince, but that doesn't change the fact about him being a stranger.Even if you've encountered him two times in your life counting this one as well.

The said man draws back from the hug and ruffles your hair messily, and from your peripheral view.You're able to catch Jungkook's eyes darkening even more. He's probably not enjoying Jimins action towards you, and you could say the same as well.

"Good to see you too Jimin." You cough out, trying to cut out your nervousness as you pry his hands away. The latter smirks before releasing out a rather raspy chuckle as he shoves his hands inside his pockets. "I think you got my name wrong Y/n."

Hearing that, You move your full attention to him, that unconsciously resulting you to take in his features.

The man had his hair styled in a perfect undercut, golden locks hovering over his brown eyes and you can't help but feel this playful aura emitting from him. His cheeks had shallowed more from the last time you've seen him, though you can't quite remember considering it was a long time ago. Either way. Everything about him screamed perfection and you don't deny that. The guy was clearly attractive.

You take in his words and you arch your brow. "Take what wrong?"

Jimin smirks before leaning in to invade your bubble and you back away. "Its Oppa to you Y/n."

Jihyun soon enters the livingroom and just like you. Jimin dashes pass you to tackle your brother in a hug, except doing it in a more harsh manner

"Hyung I can't breath!"

You tear your gaze away from the two and turned to face Jungkook, just in time to catch that frown sliding his lips as he walks away towards the couch.

A breath tickles your ear and you quickly whip your head only to find Jimin's face right beside yours, a goofy grin on his suprisingly luscious pink lips.

You clutch unto your heart as you stumble back, clearly alarmed by both the proximity and him.

"Woah, Careful!" Jimin chuckles as he grabs a hold of your arm, preventing you from tripping backwards. You can't thank him enough actually. You did lose balance at some point and would've probably came butt first with the floor.

When your steady, you mumble a faint "Thanks." Jimin responding with a its nothing gesture.

He then takes a peak at his watch, eyes widening before he looks back at you. "Come on. We better get going if we still want to make the most of it with our date!" The excitement dripping from his tone didn't go unnoticed to you, neither did the word date.

This isn't a date.

Quickly, you shoot him a bewildered expression, clearly baffled by his choice of word, but you stripped that away.

"Listen Jimin." You cleared your throat out, fixing your posture right after. "The thing is..."

-

Jungkook can't help the proud grin crawling up his lips no matter how much he tries to hold it back. The act only makes it more visible. He allows his doe eyes to stare at the figure sitting beside him, then immediately tearing away to stare straight at his fumbling fingers.

It's been a few hours already since Jimin took his leave after you've kindly turned down his offer, stating that you couldn't go out with him.

You saw how his eyes turned. You saw how his eyes suddenly glistened in broad daylight as his smile turned upside down. You might not know this, and probably never will after this, but his heart was slowly shattering to pieces at that moment.

Jimin's had a crush on you ever since he first saw you, the second time was at Jungkook's birthday party. This, being the third.

Despite the rejection, he pulls out a smile, but it was a forced one.

To say you felt ashamed of yourself would be an understatement. But what could you do? You still question yourself unto why you did that though.

Why did you reject going out with Jimin? Why did you suddenly feel disturb about having Jungkook know you were going out with someone else?

"I'm gonna go get us some popcorn." You speak up before jumping out from the couch, Jihyun humming in responds his eyes glued to the screen in front.

When you're out of sight, Jihyun moves his gaze to his best friend sitting across him, attention concentrated on the direction you walked off to.

He scoffs, that resulting to Jungkook shifting his eyes to him with an arch brow. "What?"

Jihyun shakes his head, snearing as he plops himself into a sitting position, palms now planted underneath his chin. "Oh nothing. It's just that....Noona turned down hyung's offer." He trails off, pursing his lips as if thinking of something.

"So?"

Hearing that, the latter rolls his eyes before meeting his gaze, but this time with a serious expression, something Jungkook rarely ever sees from his bestfriend.

"Listen Kook. You're my bestfriend and I can't find anyone eligible enough for that spot. But Y/n's my sister, and as her brother...If something ever happens to her then-"

"Just get to the point hyun."

The latter sighs, shooting his friend a somewhat drained grin. "If you hurt Y/n in anyway. Then that'll be last time you'll be able to see me or her Jungkook."

Jungkook's clearly taken a back from that, his brows arching a he stares at his bestfriend for a brief moment before he tears his gaze away, a defeated sigh escaping his lips. "How can I hurt her when she doesn't feel the same way. "He mumbles, that earning him a good smack from a cushion.

"What was that for?!" He hisses as he shoots his bestfriend a flustered expression.

Jihyun scoffs. "No wonder you two fit together! Both of you are so naive I sometimes can't take it anymore!" He counters, irritatedly groaning before hopping up from his seat. "I need a drink."