Chapter 30

"Aumm miss? How long has it been since the party's ended?"

Your fingers nervously fiddles with the sides of your phone as the maid turns to answer you.

She smiles kindly, taking a glance at her watch before locking gazes with your expecting orbs. "About an hour ago miss."

I've been inside the bathroom for more than an hour?!

The smile that once plastered the maids lips, drastically falls, now sending you a suspicious look as you continue to mumble some words under your breath.

"Did you perhaps. Trespass here?."

Your breath hitch at her words, instantly whipping your head towards her direction, eyes widening. "What?! No!"

She doesn't believe you, you could tell. Her features turned blank as she rose her arm up, gesturing someone behind you to come forward.

Clanking of metal and heavy footsteps makes its way up your ears, sending an unpleasant shiver to run down your spine, and before you knew it. Your arm's been grasped unto tightly.

"This young lady entered the perimeters of the palace without permission. Escort her out immediately."

Despite the situation, you can't help but arch your brows in disbelief. The woman talked as if she owned the place.

Just before the guard could obliged to her words, a cold voice soon resonates through the empty ball, the hand clutching your arm loosening its grip before finally letting go.

"What's going on here?"

You send a glare towards the guard as you try to ease out the stinging pain by rubbing that portion of the skin. He had a pretty good grip on you, as if purposely trying to stop your poor blood flow.

The maid tugs up a smirk when eyeing the man behind you. She sends you one last mischievous look, before her features scrunches up into a proud smile, as if she had just caught a thief and would surely be rewarded for it.

Both she and the metal clothed man bow at the presence approaching them. You on the other hand were ready to turn your heel and walk outta here, not even gonna give a damn of which among the Royal decided to save you from embarrassment.

The moment you turned your body, you bump into a hard chest. You jerk backwards by the sudden impact. If it weren't for those pair of hand that's able to catch you just in time before you could stumble to your unknown doom, you'd have had a sore bum right now from falling too hard on the marble floor.

Jungkook stares at you with hooded eyes, a glint of worry lingering his orbs as he steadies you again. He saw it. Saw how they were treating you. The way she was spatting every word as if you were some kind of garbage, and how the guard harshly grabbed you. He fumed. A pack of anger rose within him at the sight of it, but he had to keep it in.

"You're Highness."

The teen had to hold everything within him not to roll his eyes at her almost cheerful tone. She had her chin up, the broom in her grasp now being held on both her hands as she displays a proud look.

"This woman here-"

The second she rose her finger at you, he knew he couldn't hold it in anymore.

How dare she point at his Noona?

Your breath hitches when you feel Jungkooks grip tighten. Lifting your head up, you're able to catch that glimpse of fire now lingering his eyes, hidden behind his locks.

You've figured the woman didn't notice it, considering she still held up that grin of hers you now find to be nothing but stupid. Also, the room was dim, not much could be seen unless one decides to get closer to it. If only she knew what you were seeing right now, she'd have probably wiped that ugly grin of hers in a millisecond.

You cut the woman off, exchanging places with Jungkook. You were now standing in front of him, and instead of his hands holding you, you were now holding him. More like stopping him before doing something he'd regret later . You plant both your hands on his chest as you faked a smile towards the woman.

His heart was beating fast against his skin, the vibration reaching the palms of your hands. You could practically hear his teeth grit as he continues to dig daggers towards the woman. The guard was all long gone, and you honestly felt at ease that he wasn't there anymore. He scared you for some reason. Probably because he had this sword hanging beside his waist.

The contact of your small hands on his chest made him halt in his step of approaching the maid.

"I'll find my own way out miss. But do know that I did not and will never trespass a place that's not in need of my presence. Also If I may suggest. Before coming up with stupid conclusions, why don't you try taking time to listen of what one has to say before calling out for assistance. " You finished, internally cheering for your own words, when seeing her shift her gaze towards you, her hand falling to her side. She probably wasn't excepting that. At least not in front of the Prince. Her mouth fell open, a fist could practically fit in it.

You grab Jungkook by the wrist, taking the lead outside. But before you could take another step. You turned.

"I'd close that mouth if I were you. Unless you're willing to house a bunch of flies, which on second thought. Doesn't sound like a terrible idea."

She doesn't close it, eyes widening even more. Her jaw hit the floor.

You send her a smirk before dragging your feet and Jungkook out the room.

The smirk you had decorating your lips, falls.

A frustrate groan escapes you as you halt in your tracks. How could you say that? What was wrong with you? Was that even you back there?

"Are you okey Noona?"

And what's worst is that you did it in front of him!

So much for being a good example.

Now the kid just added a new word known as sarcasm into his dictionary.
And who's fault was it?
Yours idiot.

"Uh? Yeah... I'm fine." You sigh, before looking at him. "Pretend that didn't happen okey?"

Jungkook arches his brows in a curious manner as he jogs up to your side.

"Why?"

You sigh once again, ruffling his hair before continuing back on your tracks. "You're still innocent Kook. I don't want to expose you."

Oh, if you only knew.