James Dean & Audrey Hepburn

Everyone in the room turns and stares at me. But I don't care what they say, I only care about if Violet loves me too.

"I-I-" she started, glancing nervously at Vic and Austin. "I love you too." I felt relieved. She smiled at me.

"Could I talk to you in the hall for a second Alex?" Says Vic, more like a demand net than a question.

"Sure." I say, getting up and meeting him in the hall.

"Listen," he says once the door is closed. "Violet isn't your regular girl. She's been broken, she can't handle much more pain. Obviously she's had some troubles with past relationships. One mistake, one stupid moment and she's gone. Forever. She needs you to fix her. And if you do hurt her, I'll break you. Twice. Don't let work get in the way either, you guys are in a band. There'll be girls that flirt with you and stuff but don't do anything else. Got it?" He says.

"Of course, she's beautiful. I would never do anything to hurt her." I say. He nods and we go back to the room.

Violet looks upset and Jaime was blowing air into a plastic glove. When he finished he tied it and handed it to her.

"What am I supposed to do with this?" She asks laughing.

"I don't know, play with it. Isn't that what kids do?" He asks.

"Jaime, don't have kids." She advises causing everyone to laugh.

"It's not my fault I'm this good looking." He whines.

Mike high fives him. And Tony laughs. Austin looks uncomfortable and Luke seems to be taking notes on Jaimie's ability to make people laugh.

Trix whispers something in my ear once everybody's distracted that I'll never forget.

"Hurt her and I'll make you chew your own fingers off and watch you choke on them." She says.

It almost makes me wish I had a good friend to be protective of me. My parents where never around and was pretty much the school loner.

My phone rings and I answer it.

"Alex?" Asks a familiar voice.

"Yea, who is this?" I say casually.

"It's Maddie Curtis." Says the voice. Those three words made my heart stop. Maddie, my ex. Is she really back.

"What do you want?" I hiss. This was Maddie, the same Maddie that left me for the entire football team.

"Al, it's me mads. I'm sorry, they spiked my drink. It was nothing, I'm sorry. I tried to find you, I really did. I saw you on a poster and called somebody named Kevin Lyman who gave me your number." She explains.

Could this be true. Was it all a misunderstanding.

No, I'm with Violet. I love Violet, I really have to get this sorted out.

"No," I say. "You had plenty of chances to call. Even if it was a misunderstanding, I'm with a girl who I love a lot. That was 3 years ago, I'm sure those stupid jocks would still love to see you though. Or are you going to wait until you see them on a poster to actually call them?" I say harshly.

"Alex, no." She starts but I cut her off.

"I have to go. Don't call me again." I say hanging up.

"Who was that?" Asks. Violet looking worried.

I shake my head. "My ex from three years ago. Saw us on a poster and decided to talk to me for the first time since she hooked up with the entire football team." I explain.