Violet's Mom- Part 7

Hoorah I changed the ugly cover. Thanks for reading <3

Vic's POV

I was walking through the street when I saw a few guys with guitars. They looked around my age, and they definitely had something. I tossed $10 into the guitar case and watched them play the rest of their set.

"Thanks man," said a guy with spiky hair. "I'm Jaime,"

"Vic," I said. "So are you guys in a band?"

"Nah," he said. "We're looking to make one though. We need a vocalist and a drummer."

I grinned. "My brother plays drums, I play guitar and I'm not bad at singing. Maybe we should try something together sometime?"

By this time the other guy had walked up to join the conversation. "Yeah man, that'd be awesome. This is Tony by the way."

Tony gave a slight smile and Jaime explained everything to him. "Do you think it would work?" he asked.

"It's worth a shot, isn't it?" I said.

He shrugged. Jaime jotted down his phone number on a slip of paper. "Are you busy Friday?"

"Nope," I said.

"It's a sign then. Let's meet up here Friday at 4:30 to around 6:00ish?" Jaime said more as a question then a statement.

"Sounds awesome," I assured him. "Let's do it."

++++++++FRIDAY AT 4:30ISH+++++++++
{STILL VIC'S POINT OF VEIW}

I was at the same place, it was 4:35, where are they? If they can't even show up to a rehearsal on time, how am I going to start a band with these guys?

I gave Mike a nervous glance and he just shrugged.

27 minutes later they came scrolling in with chocolate ice cream dishes and a handful of napkins. "Want some?" asked Jaime.

"You're late," I said. "32 minutes late to be exact, I've been waiting here forever."

"Sorry," he apologized. "I can't practice on an empty stomach."

"Whatever. This is Mike," I say still a bit angry. I just wanted this rehearsal to be over.

30 minutes later, we had somewhat gotten down a song I wrote last month. It wasn't very good, but with practice it would be. I knew right from that moment, that if these idiots could control their ice cream cravings, we would have something great.

From that day on we practiced for two hours three times a week. We practiced at Tony's house but performed in the same street corner every Friday. After we had developed a groove and I decided to invite Addi to come watch us play.

"Tony? Jaime?" she asked.

"Addi?" Jaime asked in return.

"You know them?" I asked.

"Yeah I met them when they where out here practicing one day," she answered.

"Small world," I mumbled.

+++++++++

Several weeks later we had a name- Pierce The Veil. Also our first gig was coming up next Friday. I was terrified, beyond terrified. But maybe- just maybe- it could work.

I wanted so badly for this to work.

Mike really got along with the guys too, they were funny and had unique personalities that just fit well with ours. Jaime had gone through the effort to work of our image.

"You're the hot, mysterious singer," Jaime had told me. "Mike is the flirt, Tony is the shy one, and I'm the funny one."

"You put a lot of thought into that," I said.

He chucked. "Of course, we're going to have to be prepared for when we get interviewed."

"Who said we were even going to be interviewed?" I questioned. But without an answer, we all knew there was something special.

AN- sorry for the short chapter and yeah it's been taking a while to get updates in but I still appreciate every single read, vote, and comment more then you guys know. Thank you for all of your support- 1 read, much less 13,000 wouldn't be possible without you.