Violets Mom?

Okay, so I know I already started the sequel and all. But I've reread 100 sleepless nights a few times and the one thing I wish I had done more with is Violets mom. Yes, I know the picture is Vic and Danielle, I just wanna use this picture because they both look really happy. Anyways...

Addy's POV

"Addison! Cara! Get down here now." Yelled my dad.

I scurried down the stairs, Cara following behind. We both stood there silent, waiting for whatever would come next. I didn't have to glance at her to know that she'd be clenching her teeth and leaning back on her heels. I've seen her do it enough times to know.

"Cara, you clean up the house. Addison, you're coming with me." He gave the commands, I could smell the stench of alcohol on his breath.

Cara gave me a look, and Dad turned to walk out to the garage.

"Good luck Ads," she mouthed to me. I nodded and followed dad. His shaky hands clenching the car keys.

"Would you like me to drive?" I finally spoke, I tried to sound firm but my voice came out dry and shaky. It was clear he was in no shape to drive.

"I've got it," he growled, he seemed offended that I would question him.

"Are you sure?" I continued. What I meant was 'you're drunk off your ass, I will drive.'
But I didn't say that.

"I said I've got it." He yelled. His arm snapped up, and slapped me across the face.

I stopped talking and climbed into the passengers seat. He turned the key and the engine slowly started up.

He pulled out if the driveway, knocking over the trash can in the process. I bite me lip and clenched the seat belt.

We drove down an empty road for a while slightly drifting, left then right, then left again.

"Grab that package out of the back, would you?" He bellowed. I nodded and unbuckled my seat belt. I carefully climbed between the seats into the back and grabbed a small brown box. I didn't have to see it to know what was inside, I could smell it. I grabbed the box and was about to make my way back to the front when I heard my dad loudly curse.

It all happened in slow motion. The car suddenly stopped then jerked forward. With the force of a lion I was flown through the front windshield, glass shattering against my skin. I was left lying on the pavement. I heard a sharp scream and felt a shooting pain in my left leg.

"Some one call an ambulance!" A man shouted, rushing over to me. He turned me up to face him and leaned me forward. I wasn't looking at him though, I was looking at the old brown station wagon. It was barely recognizable as the whole left side was completely imploded. I could see a man on the right, red baseball cap, black beard, it was my dad.

He was dead.

I didn't try to call out to him, I wasn't sad that he was gone. He wasn't my father anyways.

Moments later I was greeted my a loud siren and many paramedics. A tall, strong, dark haired man strapped me into a gurnee and lifted it on to the ambulance.

"Keep fighting kid," he said to me.

Then everything went dark.