Chapter 9

----------
Peyton
----------

"How are you single? You're such a catch." He slightly bit his bottom lip and I felt my body tingle.

"I don't talk to many people. Everyone thinks I'm shady or mean so they don't talk to me I guess." I swam to one of the floaties wandering around the pool and got on top.

"You never seemed mean to me. Maybe because I know you're a soft little cupcake." He said as he swam to me and held onto the large black and green pool tube.

"I actually said that about you the other day. It's quite true besides the whole over the top flirting." I joked and he splashed me.

"I wanna know more about you. What are your hobbies, interests, fetishes?" He smirked at the last word and I giggled at him.

"Hobbies I'd say are anything art related really. I like drawing little cartoons and making digital art to go with those cartoons."

"Yeah? That's cool. You should do some of me." He winked and I rolled my eyes.

"Nah, I usually want to like my work, and well if I did you then I-

"If you do me?" He smirked and raised one of his eyebrows.

"Shut up Grayson." I laughed and pushed him off the floatie. "As I was saying if I drew you, I know I wouldn't like it."

"Oh who's the one flirting now?" Grayson asked still smirking.

"Leave me alone." I joked and hid my blush from Grayson. "Interests I guess go along with my hobbies, I'm interested in art."

"I'm interested in you." He smiled and I giggled

"Oh my god stop." I smiled and watch him back away from the pool tube.

"Fine. I'm gonna drown myself now." He started slowly going under water and I closed my eyes ignoring him until I felt the pool floaty being lifted in the air and I screamed then fell off.

Grayson swam over to me and grabbed my hand, pulling me closer to him until I was about a foot away.

One of his arms wrapped around to my back and the other out straight to stay up in the water.

His thumb ran up and down my back in small lines and I felt every part of my body get chills.

I looked at him smiling at me and I blushed again, maybe even harder. "Stop looking at me like that." I giggled but he pulled me closer to him, then wrapped my legs around his torso.

God, being this close to him is so foreign, but so warm and fuzzy I just want to squeeze him and never let go. But in the back of my head I can't help but think about school and how guys would pretend they liked me just to humiliate me. I don't want that to keep happening so I'm not getting interested.

"You're really cute when you think. Your eyebrows furrow together a bit and your eyes look everywhere. Did you know you did that?" I snapped back to reality and watched him bite the corner of his bottom lip.

"No I guess I didn't."

"What're you thinking about?" He asked quietly.