Chapter 26

----------
Peyton
----------

"Alright Peyton. I think today's the day." One of the nurses said to me as she helped me walk around the hospital.

"I can go home?" I smiled and she returned the smile with a nod.

"You've improved tremendously, faster than we expected. You really are a miracle." I saw Grayson walking out of the elevator with flowers and I smiled.

"Hi beautiful." He smiled wide and hugged me, being sure to be gentle because he doesn't want to hurt me, although he wouldn't. "I have your flowers at your house, but these are for you guys." He handed the flowers to the nurse and she smiled. "Thank you for being here everyday to take care of her."

"It's my job, but make sure you stay on your toes with this one, she thinks she's invincible and likes to walk around unsupervised." He looked at me with a 'Why didn't you listen to me?' type of look and I smiled.

"I'm fine. Really."

"We're gonna get the papers ready for her discharge, then you get to take her home." The nurse led us back to my room and Grayson packed up all of my things. "This is a donut cushion, use it whenever you're sitting or laying down to get pressure off your tailbone."

We thanked the nurse and she walked out of the room, leaving us in private. "You look great, Babe." He leaned over and kissed my lips, something he hasn't done since he left to LA.

"You don't. You have bags, why haven't you been sleeping?" I wrapped my arms around his waist and looked up at him.

"I will tonight, but I've been here. Couldn't leave you." He held the sides of my face, kissing me again, the same sparks flying through my body as normal.

"Did you get any sleep? I know you and Ethan stayed in my room."

"Yeah, off and on." I heard the door open and Grayson and I let go of each other so I could finish getting discharged.

"Alright, here's some notes about all the things you need to know, if there's anything else, call either of these numbers." She said and circled the numbers with a pen, then set it down on the table by the hospital bed.

"Thank you." I signed the papers and then stood up off the bed.

"Alright, you're ready to go. Be safe, don't push too hard because it could get worse, and listen to your family, they want what's best for you. I'll be right back with a wheel chair." She rubbed my back and smiled before walking out of the room.

Grayson grabbed my bags and the nurse came back with a wheel chair, and put the donut down so I could sit on it.

She pushed me to the elevator, Grayson walking next to her and we all got in.

She pressed the button for the main floor and when the elevator doors opened she pushed us out to valet. We waited for them to bring Grayson's car around and the nurse helped me get into the front seat. "Alright I think you guys are all set."

We thanked the nurse and Grayson got into the driver's seat, inhaling and exhaling deeply, then smiling. "Don't ever leave me. I can't live without you." He grabbed my hand and laced his fingers with it.