Chapter 30

----------
Peyton
----------

I walked down the hallway to my class when I saw a guy with blonde hair, standing outside the door. "Hey Peyton." He said once he saw me.

"Hi. Do I know you?" I asked, genuinely unaware of what was going on.

"Not really. I'm Ryan, we have this class together, but I wanted to know if you'd come to a party with me tonight?" I held onto the straps of my bag nervously, not sure what to say.

"Uhm, that's not really stuff I'm into anymore. I'm sorry." I tried opening the door but he stopped me by gently grabbing my arm.

"Don't worry, I don't drink either. But it's Halloween themed, cool people, and I never see you talking to people. I thought you could have a night to just have some fun." He was clearly nervous as I saw him scratch the back of his head.

"Halloween isn't for a week."

"It's like an early Halloween party. I promise, it'll be fun."

"I-I I'm sorry, I have a boyfriend." I said and fixed my hair by running my fingers through the roots and flipping it onto one side.

"Bring him with." He shrugged and I sighed.

"Can't. He's in LA right now."

"What? Is he famous or something?" He chuckled making me slightly annoyed.

"He's a YouTuber." I pulled out my phone and showed him a picture of Grayson and Ethan. "He's the one on the left."

"Shit, sorry for bothering you." He started walking inside but I stopped him.

"I'll go. Just don't expect anything from me. We're going as friends." A smile appeared on his face and he opened the door for me to walk in.

I went to my go to seat, and he sat next to me. "Here's my number, so I can pick you up." He showed me his phone and I looked at him with a blank face.

"It's fine. I can drive. Plus I don't live in the city."

"C'mon. Just take my number, you don't even have to text me." I sighed and wrote his number down in my phone, then sent him a thumbs up to give him my number. I put my phone away and the professor walked in as if on cue.

"What are you gonna wear tonight?" He asked me, leaning towards me a little so I could hear his whisper.

"I don't know. Kind of last minute, wanna help me pick out an outfit after class?"

"Sure. If you help me pick one out too."

"Deal." I smiled and we both turned to our professor who started the lesson.

----------

"Dylan! Can you come to a party with me tonight?" I asked through FaceTime while I sat at my house after getting my superwoman costume.

"Peyton. You're not going to a party."

"I'm not gonna drink or anything. I've just realized I've gone to this school over two years now, and I don't know anybody here."