Argue: New Paramore vs. Old Paramore

But is there really a difference?

Hey guys! 

So, New Paramore vs. Old Paramore, its a pretty big debate that's gone on for a long time. Basically old Paramore is with the Farros and new Paramore is without, that's all. But now Zac is back and Jeremy's gone...so what's this era? I've taken to calling them Retro Paramore, because they're a mix of new and old. 

Classic Era/Old: 

Bars Era/New:

AL/Retro Era:

AL/Retro Era:

In my opinion this all means literally nothing, they're good no matter who's in the band, the only thing that could actually hurt them is losing Hayley

However, in other people's opinions, one is clearly better than the other. Should we start with old first?

Old Paramore is generally considered to be Paramore from 2004 - 2010, basically as long as Josh and Zac were in the band. The opinion being that when Paramore were heavier and darker they were much better. In their tenure as Old Paramore they dominated the pop punk scene and outlasted countless other bands of this time, building up a stong fanbase along the way. People who like "old Paramore" usually say Paramore isnt a rock band anymore and its a tragedy and that they sold out, and Hayley Williams just wants to be a popstar, and that Josh and Zac were right to leave because Hayley's clearly an ego maniac. I think that sums up the comment section on the Still Into You video. 

New Paramore, Bars Era Paramore, whatever you call them, this is Paramore without the Farros (2011 - 2015). Paramore lost a ton of fans this era, that's true, but they also pulled in a ton more new fans. Lots of people actually liked "New Paramore" and their freedom with experimentation. Their switch to making arena friendly pop afforded them the opportunity to appeal to a wider audience, and ultimately brought them more success than they had seen in the 10 years they'd been a band previously. Classic era fans who stuck with Paramore through losing Josh and Zac were incredibly happy that the band had recieved widespread media attention and popularity for the first time in many years. 

Now if we stacked up the accomplishments of both eras it would be pretty clear who would win, *cough* New Paramore *cough*, but we're not gonna do that because these are opinions. 

Retro Paramore is....something. It's not the New Paramore fans wanted it to be after Self-Titled, and it's not the Old Paramore that fans thought would come back with Zac. It's really something completely different, usually I would say it's not really Paramore. The interesting thing to me is people who hated S/T for being too pop and then loved After Laughter...which is so fucking pop they use drum machines during acoustic performances (don't even get me started). 

In my personal opinion only, I like New Paramore, Bars Era Paramre, whatever you wanna call them. They were a mix of pop and rock, and we're very experimental and as a result very successful, and we all know S/T was Hayley's best vocal era. 

Tell me what you guys think. Do you like New Paramore? Old Paramore? Do you actaully care? Tell me I'm the comments and I'll see you guys next Tuesday! - H