Argue: Was Josh Right?

Hey guys! My first time posting late! I'm so sorry for the late post, but I think it's a good one.

Today's post is going to examine the statements made in Josh Farro's blog post. We're going to look at some of the things he said as see if there's some truth to them. Josh got a lot of flack for writing this post, and people were quick to say he was a liar, well now it's been a while and a lot of new information has come out that could vindicate him. 

They first thing he says is that the reason the him and Zac were waiting to make a statement is because they had an exit agreement to work out, but not with the label, with Hayley.

"We were not going to issue a statement until we worked out our exit agreement with Hayley."

Why Hayley? Well we know now that the guys are not signed at all, something Josh also brings up that Hayley confirms later in Paramore: The Last Word. But we now know because of the Jeremy lawsuit that Hayley has a company through which the guys are paid, because they aren't signed to the label like she is. So in this instance Josh Farro is telling the truth. 

Another thing he talks about is Hayley working with songwriters as a solo artist for a while, but eventually the band gets back together and rerecord the songs they wrote as Paramore songs.

"Hayley went off to write and record her solo demos while the four of us continued on without her. "

"Our next move was to rerecord her solo demos with our own music rather than studio musicians to make it sound more genuine. "

Is this true? Yes, Hayley did work with song writers in Nashville for a while and wrote ten songs for what was supposed to be her debut solo album. 

She worked with Nick Trevisick, Roger Nichols, and Ryan Barlowe to write these songs. Some of these songs you probably recognize as "Paramore" songs, these are the ones that were rerecorded with the guys. Hannah's Song, So Exposed, and Always Wrong were not rerecorded. So Josh was telling the truth about that too, Hayley recorded a solo record, most of which was later rerecorded by Paramore.

The last thing I wanna look at is a statement that Hayley highly disagreed at the time Josh said it, and that fans also didn't believe.

"Her dad would constantly threaten to "pull the plug" on the whole band if we complained about anything, suggesting that we were hired guns and Hayley was the real artist, when in reality we were also part of the band. We've always been treated as less important than Hayley."

With everything that came about in the Jeremy case, the main argument from the Paramore side was that Jeremy was not truly a partner in Paramore, just a hired musician who's job was to play with Hayley, which is why he couldn't receive any benefits from his time, besides not having many writing credits. The whole case the Paramore/Fly South side were arguing was that Jeremy was a hired musician and not co-owner of the band as Jeremy insisted. It sadly seems this last statement is also true, there is not partnership in Paramore; there's Hayley and the guys hired to play for her. I'm not saying that Hayley sees the guys as less important, I'm saying it's very clear that management and the label do.

Josh Farro's statements seemed absurd at the time he made them, and we were assured some of them were absolutely false, but it turns out the assurance was false, and perhaps Josh and his reasons for leaving were judged too quickly and too harshly.