Petals For Armor

🎶 hello...is it me you're looking for? 🎶

I'm still bad at this. 

Hi hello 5 people who still use this website it's been quite a while since we've talked. Mostly that was becasue of me losing my drive to write and some personal issues but also because the Paramore well had completely run dry in terms of gossip. Nothing if not sneaky, Hayley thought she was going to drop this on us nonchalantly:

 Nothing if not sneaky, Hayley thought she was going to drop this on us nonchalantly:

Hayley Williams has announced a solo album, the day has finally come. Although I have been saying for years this was coming I am actually partly shocked, but also excited. There are a couple theories as to what this solo project could be, especially when an Instagram account called Petals for Armor was found by fans, and is followed by Paramore and Paramore adjacent individuals. Since the band, their friends, and family usually rarely follow a lot of people people are suggesting that Petals for Armor is somehow linked to the band. 

A few theories have floated around since the discovery of the Petals for Armor page, I want to share them and go over what I think in terms of which is most realistic. 

The End Of...Parmore?

Petals for Armor is a cool name, catchy. If it is indeed linked to Hayley she might get many questions on the meaning behind it. Some fans specualate that the phrase Petals for Armor is an anagram (word spelled using the letters of another word) for "Last of Paramore"...except the missing A so...Parmore. People believe the chosen name, if attached to her project, is a subtle way to tell fans Paramore is ending and she'll be going solo forever. 

Presenting...Hayley Williams!

Another theory is the the name Petals for Armor is either a song from the upcoming album, or the album title itself. Upon thinking about the name one could see why Hayley would use it. It conjures the idea of a person going into battle with little protection, unprepared. Some parallels could be drawn to the trauma Hayley Williams suffered in her person life over the last few years, which she discussed on After Laughter (2017). Someone could say "why rehash past drama?" I will say to that; although After Laughter offered much subtext, it was never really specifically pointed towards anyone, and was told from the perspective of the band. Petals for Armor could be Hayley's personal view of the events that so changed her life, her broken relationship with her former best friend, even a deeper look into her divorce.

Paramore, Triomore, Duomore!

The last theory is that somehow her bandmate Taylor York is involved in the project. Taylor's involvement is speculated because of how close he and Hayley have been over the past year (numerous photos/sightings together on social media). People think he might be serving a production/song writing role in the Petals for Armor project. A Williams/York side project apart for Paramore could be a Duomore dream come true for some fans. 

If you ask me, and yes I know literally no one did, but I would say most likely the second theory is true and Petals for Armor is a complete solo project for Hayley, possibly her finally opening up about Jeremy and Chad after years of silence. Whatever it turns out to be, it's good to know she's thriving and making music she believes in. I'm excited to hear what she's done.

And to think, I thought this photo from last year was her writing for a new Paramore record: