Argue: Paramore Should've Played Warped Tour 2018

Hey guys!

So Im obviously a bad person who's been constantly posting late, and I'm sorry about that, but today I'm posting early because I won't be posting tomorrow (Friday April 20th). April 20th is the anniversary of the Columbine massacre, one of the worst school shootings in American history. I think it's very important this year especially to reflect on the anniversary, as this year there has been many shootings and a hard battle for improved gun control. As I've said before, I can't regulate people's personal lives, so if you're gonna spend the whole day smoking tomorrow that's up to you, I only ask you take a few seconds out of your day to think about the lives that were lost and then you can go back to partying. If you're American and 18 or older I strongly encourage you to vote in the upcoming elections. We can make a difference guys we just have to actually get out there and do it.

~~~~~

Hey guys!

So today's post is really more of a talk post, a conversation of sorts. Today we're gonna talk about Paramore's choice to not participate in the final Warped Tour happening this summer.

I wanna start by saying I did initially want to make a conspiracy about this, in fact I cross referenced the Tour 5 dates and Warped Tour Dates and unfortunately according to the dates Paramore and Warped are never gonna be in the same place at the same time. It's pretty likely Paramore won't be playing Warped 2018, I would say 90% likely.

A lot of people were confused specifically at Paramore's choice not to play Warped 2018. In the past Paramore have credited Warped and Kevin Lyman with jump starting their career, and have even publicly expressed interest in 2011 in taking over the tour whenever Lyman decided to retire. Given the nice things they've said in the past, people were confused as to why Paramore didn't want to be on board for Warped Tour's last run.

My initial thought was "is it because New Found Glory are playing?" But no, New Found Glory are not playing Warped Tour 2018. In fact some of Paramore's good friends and favorite bands are playing the tour including Underoath and Turnstile. Getting the chance to see some of your favorite bands and talk to old friends, and Hayley's ex isn't invited, why wouldn't they wanna go?

No one seems to be able to find a reason for Paramore not to play, it seems they just don't want to. A lot of people expected them to show up since Warped Tour 2018 seems to be a throwback tour including bands like Reel Big Fish, Sum 41, and Bowling For Soup who were also early players of the tour.

One thing I thought that could possibly be awkward is that Aaron Gillespie, formerly Paramore's touring drumer for three years, is playing the tour with his band Underoath. It wouldn't be so awkward if Aaron wasn't let go so Zac could rejoin the band. Although it seems no feelings were hurt in Aaron's firing, we don't know that for sure. It's not the craziest thing to think that Paramore might be trying to avoid an awkward meeting between Zac and Aaron. This is just a theory though.

Tell me what you guys think, do you think Paramore should've agreed to play Warped Tour 2018? I'll see you with a new post next Tuesday. - H