Wattcon And Something Hayley Said

Hey hi what's up how are you

Years ago, I said to some people I met on here that I wished there was a Vidcon style convention but for Wattpad, so you could go and meet your friends and favorite writers. Turns out there is! It's happening on July 18th in New York. 

This isn't like my "I'm going to Wattcon!" announcement, because I'm not going. It's July 18th, I just found out about it, that's not enough time to plan a trip. 

But I still think it's really really cool, and it makes me sad that this community isn't as strong as it used to be, because I think that would be so cool for all of us to be able to hang out together, especially because people have met friends and significant others through this community and I just think it's really cool, I'd love to meet you guys. I think it's so cool that Wattpad is doing a convention. 

On to something else I saw on Twitter that I kind of didn't agree with 

I guess someone was heckling Paramore's opening band and to Hayley that's apparently grounds for kicking the heckler out of the concert completely

I don't agree with this. I'm not that "FREEDOM OF SPEECH I CAN SAY WHATEVER!" Type of person, however, I do think people do have a right to freedom of speech. I don't agree with the principle that just because someone is vocalizing that they don't like a band that they should be thrown out of something they paid for. In my opinion it kind of feels like it's silencing someone because they disagree with you. 

I've gotten lots of dissenting opinions and comments and I could've at anytime reported those people, but I won't do that because it's wrong to just void or silence someone's opinion because it disagrees with yours. 

You know who does this? Donald Trump. 

If you pay go to a Trump rally and you're even just peacefully protesting by wearing a shirt or holding up a sign; Donald Trump will point you out, have the whole crowd cheer as he berates you, and have security remove you from the rally. There's videos of this and you can see it on YouTube. 

I understand what Trump does is worse, and I'm not saying Hayley or Paramore are just like Donald Trump. What I'm saying is you can't just throw out people with a different opinion than you, becuase that's creating an unheathy environment. 

Maybe that guy thinks the opening band sucks, that's his opinion, and maybe you disagree and find it rude, but he still has a right to say it and what he's saying isn't even that bad, he just dislikes a band. 

I felt this way when Paramore got a bad review and instead of brushing it off like she did for 10 years, this time Hayley decided to have her fans go attack the publisher. Even though that same publisher had given Paramore positive reviews in the past and clearly had no vendetta against Paramore. I don't like the way Hayley is now, where hecklers and bad reviews never bothered her before but now she's all about leading a witch hunt. 

Tell me what you guys think of this Hayley thing and of Wattcon, thanks for reading. - H