Paramore Don't Understand Why People Idolized Them Pt.1 (Idle Worship Analysis)

Sup

Anyways, finally making this post. I've said a lot that I disagree with the message of the song Idle Worship, and people have asked me to clarify what that means. I feel now more than ever I should, because some of the lyrics also tie in with some problems I'm seeing in the Paramore community currently.  

I'm gonna analyze lyric by lyric to be thorough. In my opinion the song is completely tone deaf on Paramore/Hayley's part as to why people looked up to Paramore as much as they did before. This song imagines that people worshipped Paramore as untouchable gods, when in reality people simply looked up to them for being so charismatic, normal, and down to earth. Releasing this song at the peak of "stan" culture makes it even more redundant, since I see a lot more people blindly defending them than I ever did before this era. Idle Worship is musically interesting but lyrically oblivious. 

Keep in mind this is my opinion, and although you're allowed to disagree I'd appreciate it if you read to the very end before making a comment.  Thank you.

Let's Begin:

Idle Worship by Paramore:

I love puns but this is stupid.

Standing here like I'm supposed to say something

Don't hold your breath, I never said I'd save you, honey:

I find this line particularly dumb, because the reason people are looking to her is because she put herself in that position. She decided on a career performing in front of people, no one made her choose that career, at least no one in the fan base. Also when someone tells you you've had a great impact on their life, maybe even that they feel you saved it in a way, your response shouldn't be "ugh why'd you tell me that?! Now I feel bad!" That's unsympethetic, rude, and immature, and would probably make that once suicidal person pick up a razor again. If someone says "you saved my life", just say "that's amazing" or some other generic response and walk away, don't be rude. If Hayley Williams went up to Robert Smith from her favorite band The Cure and said "I love you so much, you've inspired me so much, you changed my life!" And Robert responded with something like "so? That's not what I was trying to do, why should I care?" She would be fucking crushed, like any normal human who's a fan of someone. When you meet someone you look up to and they turn out to be an asshole, you're fucking devastated, because you're a human with normal human emotions, not a robot.

And I don't want your money: