7*

I picked up my brother the day before New year's and drove him to my place. It was after work, so by the time we got back I ordered a pizza. He sat on my couch while he watched tv and I could tell he was visibly relaxed here with me. It was constant fighting at home between our mom and him. I sat beside him and drank a glass of wine. "Wine and pizza Marlene, how classy," he said sarcastically.

"I'm very classy, look my pinky is up and everything." We laughed.

By ten I was already falling asleep. I helped him set up the couch and locked up my door going to take a shower. Once I was in bed I heard the doorbell ring making me really annoyed. Who could be here at almost eleven at night?

But as I opened the door, there stood Harry. He had a smile on his face and a box in his hand.

"Hi, you were asleep?" I giggled.

"No, just umm my brothers here come in." I moved aside and let him in. Jeff was in the shower so I let Harry walk into my kitchen to set down the box. "What are you doing here so late?"

"Well actually I was doing some shopping earlier and I saw how you used that small little machine to mix your batter, and before you say anything it only cost me twenty dollars." He opened the box and pulled out an almost brand new looking mixing machine.

"What! Harry that looks new." He chuckled.

"I swear I got it at the thrift store, saw it and thought of you and your muffins." He blushed. "That sounded weird." I looked at him and quickly jumped up hugging him.

"You're going to want sweets all the time aren't you?" He nodded hugging me back. I heard someone clear their throat and we pulled away looking at my brother.

"Oh hello." Harry waved.

"Harry this is my little brother Jeffery, Jeff this is Harry." I had told my brother about Harry and how he was pretending to be my boyfriend only for my mom. But this sneaky kid did something.

"You're the boyfriend?" Harry looked at me and nodded. "Ahh yes, Marlene talks about you all the time and how cute you are." My eyes widened and Harry chuckled.

"Oh really?" He put an arm around me. Jeff nodded. "What else did she say?" I gave Jeff a look and he instantly smirked.

"She just went on and on about how great you are and how your voice is so sexy-"

"Jeff time for bed." I walked over to him giving him a death stare. "Go away." He chuckled going over to my room. I turned and saw Harry looking outside. "He was joking you know."

"Sad, it's kinda nice to be talked about." He smiled getting closer to me. It felt like he was flirting with me so I got closer as well. "Are you sure you haven't talked about me?" I bit my lip shrugging.

"I might have mentioned how sweet you are." Something about the way he looked at me made me want to jump up and kiss him. I leaned forward about to press my lips to his when he suddenly pulled away.

"Marlene, the other day was a mistake. I can't kiss you again, that's not fair to Emily." I felt my cheeks heating up in rejection. I looked away and backed up a few feet.

"Right, sorry I just thought- it's stupid." I shook my head. "Thanks for the machine, here let me pay you back-"

"No it's a gift, you don't have to do that." He shook his head. I looked up at him and he smiled and then looked away. "You're very pretty, and It's not that I'm not attracted, but I would never cheat on Emily. We may not always be on good terms, but she wouldn't cheat on me." I nodded feeling a little better. He thinks I'm pretty. "I should go."