15

Marlene

A couple of weeks passed by and today it was Friday, and also Jeffery's birthday.

I grabbed my stack of paperwork and walked towards Harry's office. I knocked and opened the door to find him sitting there on the phone while typing on his computer. "...thank you, you as well." He hung up and smiled. "Princess?"

"Just came to drop these off, and to let you know I will be leaving right after work to go see my brother, it's his birthday." He hummed.

"They're having a party for him?" I nodded. "Bring me a slice of cake back yeah?" I giggled walking over to sit in front of his desk.

"You can't come with me?" He looked down at the small pile of work and nodded. "Really, you aren't busy?"

"Not for you I'm not." I giggled pinching his cheek. "Give me till four and we'll go, alright sweets?" I nodded getting off the desk and walking out to go get my stuff. I sat down and closed my computer when a small knock from my cubicle caught my attention.

Susie the receptionist smiled at me. "Marlene, there's a man in the front who's looking for you, says his name is Shane." I sighed standing up to go over with her.

Shane stood there in his usual dress shirt and pants, his hair pushed back and the slight stubble on his chin. He saw me and smiled. "Marley."

"Shane, what are you doing here?" He sighed.

"I wanted to know why you've been ignoring me, asked your mom and she said you were technically single." I had forgotten to tell my mom that Harry and I were actually dating this time. I'd set that straight tonight.

"Well I'm not, Harry and I are together now. You need to go, if he sees you here I won't stop him from beating you up." He chuckled. "What do you want from me, honestly Shane it's getting annoying."

"A second chance, when I saw you at church I knew I had made a mistake-"

"I gave you a second chance, I gave you a third too. Please go, because I'm at work and I don't want to talk to you." I said calmly.

Behind me, I heard someone clear their throat and I quickly turned to find Harry watching our interaction.

"Harry, hey-"

"Susie can you call security please, this man's not supposed to be here." Shanes' eyes widened and he quickly stepped back. "Leave." His voice sounded scary, kinda sexy.

Damnit Marlene calm yourself.

"Marley, you've changed." Shane turned and walked towards the elevator.

Harry walked over and looked at me. "Are you okay, did he say anything to you?" I shook my head. "Let's get out of here." I followed him towards the elevator.

*

Harry drove towards my parent's house where we were having dinner and cake for my brother. He had his hand on my lap as I played with his rings. "Is Marley a nickname or just because it's short for Marlene?" I giggled.

"My friends began calling me that in college because I smoked so much weed." He laughed shaking his head. "My sister couldn't say Marlene so she'd call me that too," I explained. I set his hand down on my lap and he quickly moved it to my inner thigh and squeezed it. "So touchy, I like it." I crossed my legs trapping his hand between them.

"Oh, what a lovely place to get trapped." He tickled the back of my thigh.

I laughed moving his hand away. "I'm ticklish, we'll crash if you keep doing that." Instead, he held my hand as he drove. When we made it to my parent's house he stepped out of the car and opened my door. I held his hand and walked up to the path to the house, opening the door and looking around the house. "Mom!" I called out.