33*

Marlene

About five days before Christmas I sent Harry out to by more wrapping paper and was sat at home using the last bit to wrap up his present.

I had gone out the week before and got him a brand new winter jacket. It was the exact one he wanted since last winter, but it was really expensive; I saved up and got it for him anyway.

After I was done wrapping it, my stomach growled and I quickly got up to go to the kitchen and pull out a bowl of fruit. I was in the mood for chocolate and fruit and quickly went over to my phone to text Harry to bring me some. All morning I had been very hungry and been eating everything in sight.

I really didn't want to jinx it but I was sure this was some sign that I was pregnant.

Or going to get my period.

I rolled my eyes at my negative thoughts and opened the refrigerator to place the rest of the fruit back inside. I looked around at the leftovers from the night before and the smell of Liam's casserole made my stomach turn. I closed it and walked away to our bedroom to finish packing for our trip.

I was a bit nervous if I'm honest because of seeing Johnny. I remembered him telling me his parents had passed, and although he had Gemma and Harry's family, Joshua didn't.

What if Joshua showed up, it would be so nerve-racking knowing that if I was pregnant, I would be around the same amount of weeks as the last time I heard from him.

How fucked is that?

An hour later I heard the door open and heard Harry call out my name. Peeking through the doorway to the living room I saw Harry and Ollie bringing in wrapping paper. It was pretty cold outside so Oliver was wearing his puffy jacket to stay warm.

"Mama we home!" He clapped. Recently he had been talking a lot more.

"Yes, you are, baby." I walked over and kissed him. "How about some hot chocolate?" He nodded following me to the kitchen. I sat him down in his chair with his favorite snack while Harry followed in setting down the wrapping paper.

"Fuckin' line at the store was ridiculous." He cursed taking off his jacket. "And it didn't help when someone-" he looked over at Ollie. "-kept knocking over stuff and pulling on things. Misbehaving at a store is bad Oliver." He pointed a finger at him.

Ollie looked at me and I sighed. "Oh, daddy's upset because you were being bad?" He nodded. "Tell daddy you're sorry." He tilted his head and smiled at Harry.

"Sowwy daddy." He pouted blowing the hair out of his face.

His hair was still pretty light and not too long but was getting to the point of getting in his eyes. Perhaps we could trim it before going to see his grandma.

"He pulled a whole display down Marlene." He said annoyed.

I walked over and put my arms around his neck. "I know, but he's a baby, and he said sorry daddy." He sighed shrugging. "I know what will cheer you up." I pulled him down and pressed my lips to the soft skin below Harry's ear.

I didn't know why but that caused him to giggle like a girl.

He sighed letting out a small giggle and I knew he was calm.

*

The next morning I woke up and immediately was nauseous. I ran to the bathroom and let everything out quietly trying not to alarm Harry.

Afterward, when my teeth were brushed I was too nasty to go back to sleep. We were leaving for England the next day and I was excited. Mostly to see where Harry grew up, but also to try and grow some type of relationship with his sister.